The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

R-KAM
Would we notice a differance? :ahee:

Cheeky satire there :gah:
Looks like the Rasmussen deal will be going through tomorrow (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8476229.stm).

I'm quite excited by this signing (something I haven't said in a long time) but I guess we'll have to wait and see if he can deliver.

Hail Hail!
His Swedish league goal scoring record is not fantastic. Either way, he looks like the type of striker we need, ONE THAT GETS IN THE BOX.
Indeed.

Does this mean skippy is on his way out?

I think there should be 4 strikers at the club but dunno....
Apparently there are interested parties. Tbh, unless we get decent money for him, I say we keep him.
Yeah I agree... he's the only striker at the club who can actually score easily... while I admire Sammy as a "player" his finishing isn't exactly top notch.. as for MAF, well he was brought in under the headling "not an out and out goalscorer" :mmm:

So until we get another proven goalscorer in he needs to stay in my opinion (although his attitude stinks...)
He probably will ask for a wage bump soon too methinks. Keep him for six months and offload him.

MAF is getting there. Sammy has no first touch and needs to stay in the middle and just get a header on it or a chest. He's big enough for it.

What I like is that we seem to be bringing in some big guys, some muscle. I remember the days when we could even outmuscle the Huns with Bobo and Mjallby and Valjaerhan. Miss those days.

Though I don;t ******* miss Steve Guppy.
Aye agreed mate...

We need a few no-nonsense players who will get stuck in away to Falkirk or whatever :mmm:

We need to start scoring tbh and soon, Wednesday is a must win game... could shape the rest of the season I think!

Hibs will be right up for it....
Hibs are going for the title apparently or a least the 2nd spot. Must win indeed.

Once we actually settle, we'll be winning matches 5-0 the amount of chances we get.
Reply 1889
Fox and McManus are oot. Or damn close too...

Fox we're meant be getting 1.8 million~ and we payed 1.5 million, not too bad.

Mowbray refurbishing the squad finally.

And I don't want to see Skippy go until someone consistantly gets the goals (Even then I don't want him to go!) I love the wee man and his finishing :smile:
Aye hopefully McManus will be going to Boro...

As for Fox, he has been disappointing so far tbh so if we can sell him on for a profit 6 months on, I won't complain but we need to get another LB in...
Reply 1891
Why hasn't that dutch centre half played at all do ye know? Seeing as Thompson whoever the hell played against St Johnstone... Just curious
judicious
Aye hopefully McManus will be going to Boro...

As for Fox, he has been disappointing so far tbh so if we can sell him on for a profit 6 months on, I won't complain but we need to get another LB in...
I'd like to see us give Misun a shot at LB. Fox has impressed me on a few occasions, especially at the start of the season, so I'd like to continue to give him a shot. We can't expect big things from players in their first season, let alone 6 months.
R-KAM
Why hasn't that dutch centre half played at all do ye know? Seeing as Thompson whoever the hell played against St Johnstone... Just curious
Swedish season finishes in November, he'd be nowhere near ready to play when we signed him seeing as he would just be getting ready to go back into pre-season.
Reply 1894
Celtic_Anthony
Swedish season finishes in November, he'd be nowhere near ready to play when we signed him seeing as he would just be getting ready to go back into pre-season.

Ah... thanks

:facepalm2:

Any transfer rumours buzzing about?
R-KAM
Ah... thanks

Any transfer rumours buzzing about?

We've just signed Rasmussen in case that hasn't been covered here? ( Fishal site )

Aside from that, I haven't heard anything.
Celtic_Anthony
I'd like to see us give Misun a shot at LB. Fox has impressed me on a few occasions, especially at the start of the season, so I'd like to continue to give him a shot. We can't expect big things from players in their first season, let alone 6 months.

Aye I believe Misun will turn into a good first team player eventually!!

Is he back from Injury yet?
judicious
Aye I believe Misun will turn into a good first team player eventually!!

Is he back from Injury yet?

He's back soon I think. Caddis or O'Dea can deputise while we find a natural lb either in the market or in our squad if Fox is sold.
Reply 1898
Caddis has always been good for us. Deserves a run in. Even though he prefers RB, he done well at LB at the weekend.
Celtic_Anthony
He's back soon I think. Caddis or O'Dea can deputise while we find a natural lb either in the market or in our squad if Fox is sold.

Indeed, Caddis always does quite well when he plays!

As for O'Dea, I really don't rate him at all and was shocked he was named captain for the Saints game...

I mean it can't be good for team morale for a player who was away on loan for 6 months to come back and be named captain straight away :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest