The Student Room Group

Thought if uni freaks me out

I have just turned 30 and is studying music production level 2 in September I know I want to be a sound engineer but I am scared to go uni in case I fail due to my special needs. Any advice
Have you applied for DSA ?
Reply 2
I have a while to go till I start to apply for uni
Original post by yousman3357
Have you applied for DSA ?
Well apply for DSA and talk to others who are at uni.

They should have societies with members of similar problems, to discuss major issues that each of you face
Reply 4
Thanks
Original post by yousman3357
Well apply for DSA and talk to others who are at uni.

They should have societies with members of similar problems, to discuss major issues that each of you face
Hi there @Titch77

I agree, returning to education as a mature student can be a scary proposition! When you're ready to start researching the universities and courses you are thinking of attending, look at the student support network they have in place. At Liverpool Hope, our Student Support team have daily drop ins and are always available to assist students. As @yousman3357 says, definitely look to apply for DSA as early as possible when applying.

Fi :horse:
Original post by Titch77
I have just turned 30 and is studying music production level 2 in September I know I want to be a sound engineer but I am scared to go uni in case I fail due to my special needs. Any advice
Reply 6
Thank you
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi there @Titch77

I agree, returning to education as a mature student can be a scary proposition! When you're ready to start researching the universities and courses you are thinking of attending, look at the student support network they have in place. At Liverpool Hope, our Student Support team have daily drop ins and are always available to assist students. As @yousman3357 says, definitely look to apply for DSA as early as possible when applying.

Hi @Titch77

You're welcome. Please message us if there is any question we can assist you with and good luck!

Original post by Titch77
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending