The Student Room Group

Please Help me - I'm so lost!!! (uni)

so my a levels are nearly over
i can't help but feel they didn't go too great
hopefully (with luck+prayers) i'll get my A's
but i'm worried...if i don't... what options do i have?
i don't know much about unis other than the ones that do medicine...and i don't even know about other courses really...

basically...i have maths, bio and chem a levels and french at AS...

i'd appreciate it if someone could lend me their advice and experience on clearing...(i've looked at the wiki) but are there reputable unis with 'reputable' courses on offer....or should i just continue with my gap year and apply for the 09 cycle?

many thanks
Reply 1
except for medicine what other course do you have in mind as to what you want to do in uni?
I feel exactly the same way. in january the exams went quite ok, i managed to get the A's and at the time i came out feeling ok about the exams, but these summer exams have turned out to be quite bad and i really dont think that ive even got near at least AAB to reapply.
Dont worry though- its not over till results, take the UKCAT in the summer and if you score highly, then consider reappling again if you get AAB, thats why the ucas director at my school said and if you dont get AAA then dont apply to london uni's. Clearing.. i dont know anything about, so if anyone has any ideas..
tami*
should i just continue with my gap year and apply for the 09 cycle?

Well if you're off to do a gap year and do happen to miss out on your grades and not take a shine to anything you find in clearing you'll always be able to apply again. For you it doesn't matter if there's nothing in clearing reputable and that appeals to your nature.

As for what is available, well it depends. Nothing is going to come up for starting in academic year '09 so you won't get your gap year if you found something you liked.
no..i didn't apply :s-smilie:
Reply 5
If you didnt apply this year the only option you have is to apply next year. Or am I misreading something :confused:?
did you not apply thru ucas extra? can u still do that?
if not just wait till clearing. theres bound to be a uni/course u wanna do.

Latest