The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Optometry at Huddersfield

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi I am also on this course and they did say there are 30 places (subject to change). I have already been at Huddersfield for a year and got my place through a foundation year :smile:

hi, what percentage did you to transfer onto optom as im doing the same course
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 41
Is it hard the foundation year? Could you give me tips and head start x
Reply 42
Original post by maariyahi53
Hey, I got in through clearing. I only found out Huddersfield did optometry when I checked on ucas clearing list. How do you find Huddersfield uni? I've never been there before :smile:

Hi Did u meet the entry requirements or does it not matter in clearing x
Reply 43
Original post by Mariyaa123
Hi, I wanted to ask what a levels or btec did you do? And do Huddersfield accept a foundation year?

Hi, i did applied science and yes they accept a foundation year. Its called science degree leeding to a bsc degree.
Original post by kelly39
Is it hard the foundation year? Could you give me tips and head start x

It’s not that bad honestly, coming from someone who hardly went to lectures and did everything last minute. If you put your head down and focus from the beginning you’ll be okay. Take advantage of the tutorials and ask questions.
Original post by Optomstudent256
It’s not that bad honestly, coming from someone who hardly went to lectures and did everything last minute. If you put your head down and focus from the beginning you’ll be okay. Take advantage of the tutorials and ask questions.

Hi do you still have your optometry personal statement by any chance please ?
Reply 46
Hi I am also on this course and they did say there are 30 places (subject to change). I have already been at Huddersfield for a year and got my place through a foundation year :smile:

hi there i am going to start foundation year is it hard can u give me a head start or tips on what topics i will be doing thanks x
Reply 47
Original post by anon25x
Hi do you still have your optometry personal statement by any chance please ?

Hi, yes i do have u applied for foundation year at huddersfield optometry?
Original post by kelly39

Would I please be able to see it by any chance and I was thinking of applying as I’m resitting the year x
Reply 49
Would I please be able to see it by any chance and I was thinking of applying as I’m resitting the year x

What are you resitting?
Original post by haffza_x
hi, what percentage did you to transfer onto optom as im doing the same course

do you have to the 70% in every test or 70% as an average of all the test?

do you have to the 70% in every test or 70% as an average of all the test?
Original post by kelly39
What are you resitting?

A levels x
Original post by kelly39

Hi can you pm me please if you can still share it x
I did it last year, I'm on optometry now. The course was 4-5 days a week. Occasionally we had 3 day weeks but hardly anything less. Keep in mind that there are a lot of students on the foundation year and only a select number of them get onto optometry.

Hi if you still have your personal statement for the course would I please be able to see it?
Original post by kelly39
What are you resitting?

Hi, what's the foundation year like please and what is the interview like?
Optometry? Or the foundation year?

Original post by haffza_x
hi did you the science extended degree I'm doing this too did you get 70%

What's the average level grade people have on this course please?
Hi, what's the foundation year like please and what is the interview like?

Hi @Anonymous # 3

How are you? I have attached a link for Optometry, which may be able to help answer your questions :

https://courses.hud.ac.uk/full-time/undergraduate/optometry-bsc-hons

In year one, you will learn about the human body systems, ocular anatomy and physiology, geometric and physical optics, visual optics and perception as well as an assessment of vision and professional skills.

While we are unable to specifically help with actual interview questions, I would say look at what transferrable skills you have in your life right now that you can bring to the optometry course. There are plenty of helpful tips all across the web, just have a good google search.

Hope that answers your questions.

All the best,

~ Leanne, 2nd year midwifery student

How was your foundation year ? As I have taken BEtecs and not a level science do you think I would struggle ? What topics within the maths chemistry and physics modules did you study ???
Original post by soaosaoid
How was your foundation year ? As I have taken BEtecs and not a level science do you think I would struggle ? What topics within the maths chemistry and physics modules did you study ???

I did the foundation year aswell, It's honestly not too difficult as long as you focus. I have a few friends who got 70+ coming from only doing btecs so you'll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending