The Student Room Group

Coursework Marking and Moderation

Does anyone know if all coursework is marked and internally moderated by teachers then only a few selected by the exam board for moderation or does all coursework get sent to the examiners?

I ask becuase my ICT teacher is likely to give me quite low marks as he has done so far even though my project seems to be pretty good so far and definately better than the one I did last year which got a low A.

Incase it helps, I'm with AQA.
Reply 1
only a selection of coursework goes off to the moderator for checking.

The exact number depends on the number of entries and should be spread accross all the marks your teacher has given. Normally you have the highest or second highest, the lowest or second lowest, then other selected from the middle evenly to ensure you teacher has marked correctly at all marks

hope this helps

regards mr j
Reply 2
I'm not totally sure how it works but i'm sure you can appeal if you think your coursework has been marked unfairly. I'm not sure if this appeal goes through the exam board or school though.
Reply 3
jumpunderaboat
Does anyone know if all coursework is marked and internally moderated by teachers then only a few selected by the exam board for moderation or does all coursework get sent to the examiners?

I ask becuase my ICT teacher is likely to give me quite low marks as he has done so far even though my project seems to be pretty good so far and definately better than the one I did last year which got a low A.

Incase it helps, I'm with AQA.

Ict ... *shudders*
Reply 4
!Laxy!
Ict ... *shudders*

tell me about it :frown:
Reply 5
MrJ
only a selection of coursework goes off to the moderator for checking.

The exact number depends on the number of entries and should be spread accross all the marks your teacher has given. Normally you have the highest or second highest, the lowest or second lowest, then other selected from the middle evenly to ensure you teacher has marked correctly at all marks

hope this helps

regards mr j

All of this is right. However, if the number of entries is quite small (I can't remember the exact size) all of it has to be sent off.
Reply 6
is the ICT gcse or A-LEVEL mATEYYYYYYYYY
Reply 7
A level

Latest

Trending

Trending