The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Does Warwick still have a rape culture?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A Rolling Stone

why? because they didn't give you an extension on the assignment you left till the last minute?

So I feel like this is a bit of an unnecessarily ableist comment.

Still, I’ll answer. It’s because when I wrote to my module convenors in advance to inform them about my diagnosed disability and requested some accessibility support due to things like sensory processing disorder and others, they replied by telling me that maybe I should find a different module. Which, fyi is discriminatory.

It’s because even when my flatmate got physically ill in a seminar, he was forced to remain in the session - even though he was genuinely not okay.

It’s because my best friend who had to be rushed to hospital in her home country because she was in unimaginable pain was told she’d have to withdraw as they wouldn’t let her access lectures online. It turned out to be a brain tumour.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 61
Original post by Picnicl
Since this chat was resurrected:
How did anyone get expelled for this? Private chats not necessarily meant to suggest any basis in reality. Chats that were never actually sent to anyone for them to have been a 'victim' of them.
It's like drumming someone (male or female) out of a university for getting turned on watching a TV rape drama.

Iirc they really wrecked themselves by talking about wanting to rape actual named warwick students they knew.
That's going to make it look a lot more like a protection issue to the uni.
Reply 62
Original post by Joinedup
Iirc they really wrecked themselves by talking about wanting to rape actual named warwick students they knew.
That's going to make it look a lot more like a protection issue to the uni.

Yes I deleted my post before you replied because they mentioned real people they really had means to do this to.
They were silly, probably just horny and expressing it in a may that may have been consciously ironically macho (is an unreconstructedly macho person really likely to want to be at Warwick?), but in the age of social media and where universities are businesses and flagships for feminism, there's no room or benefit to them in considering that such chat amongst multiple people usually isn't the modus operandi of actual rapists in this country.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest