The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Science. I did no coursework.

Can't think of any others.
Full course RS with Edexcel I think requires no coursework.
Reply 3
If you're doing certain boards, GCSE Languages don't need coursework.
I did OCR GCSE French and German and didn't do any coursework.
Reply 4
RE short course, that didnt have any coursework when I did it.
There are generally non-coursework options for most subjects, even if you have to look around the exam boards a little. You just might have to sit an extra exam or something. What were you thinking of doing?
I took AQA History at GCSE, and it had no coursework - I think there are quite a few other subjects where there's one unit that can either be coursework or an exam, depending on your preference. Maths, Geography, Religious Education and languages all spring to mind. :smile:
Reply 7
Thanks!

Are there any GCSE's which require a small amount of learning? For instance, things that can be learnt in under a year without classes?
lauuuura
If you're doing certain boards, GCSE Languages don't need coursework.
I did OCR GCSE French and German and didn't do any coursework.

AQA languages also have a no-coursework option. But tbh, when I did my French coursework, it took all of six hours in total...
RE, languages you can choose to do either coursework or a written exam. i hear maths doesn't have any coursework anymore
Clefeen
Thanks!

Are there any GCSE's which require a small amount of learning? For instance, things that can be learnt in under a year without classes?

Full course RS :wink:
Clefeen
Thanks!

I'm guessing ICT...?
there are lots with no courework - or a no coursework option- search around on exam board websites
But ICT is very time consuming with coursework.
Clefeen
Thanks!

things like electronics/maths need less actual learning but more understanding
Clefeen
Thanks!

Tbh, some GCSEs can be learnt in a week! seriously! :biggrin:.

Maybe a science single award like physics
Mr. Mortell

Well I didn't take it, but I thought that we were looking at doing it without coursework? And if you were a computer expert anyway...? lol
Reply 17
toothbrushes
I'm guessing ICT...?

I guess. That's what I got my two B's in though.

I have GCSE's in:

English Lang
English Lit
Maths
Applied Science
Food Tech
Religious Studies (failed it though)
Applied ICT
French
General Studies
Reply 18
Mr. Mortell

Agreed. Don't do ICT.
You could always resit a subject that you've already taken...that way you wouldn't have to learn everything from scratch.

Latest