The Student Room Group

For second year of uni, did you choose easier modules, or more difficult ones?

Okay so in my first year, i had two modules where I've received a first. In my second year, I have the option of choosing two modules. One of the module in second year has a prerequisite of one of the modules I've done in first year and I'm quite knowledgable in that subject. However, the other module in second year is more essay based, which is one of my weaknesses. Hence, have you had a similar experience to this? If so, did you choose the easier (more knowledgable) module, or the new module without any prior knowledge to gain experience, or improve any weaknesses. Please let me know if you understood the question lol, thank you :smile:
Original post by Lalala1222
Okay so in my first year, i had two modules where I've received a first. In my second year, I have the option of choosing two modules. One of the module in second year has a prerequisite of one of the modules I've done in first year and I'm quite knowledgable in that subject. However, the other module in second year is more essay based, which is one of my weaknesses. Hence, have you had a similar experience to this? If so, did you choose the easier (more knowledgable) module, or the new module without any prior knowledge to gain experience, or improve any weaknesses. Please let me know if you understood the question lol, thank you :smile:

Is there a module that you find more interesting or need in terms of your future module choices? I would want to get the most of my university experience and select classes that interest me. If a lot of your modules will be assessed by essay, this could be a good opportunity to hone your essay-writing skills (using feedback from your first year modules) if the second module interests you more, as you may need this in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest