The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well if it was the easiest one they wont care. Dont panic..
University of York
York
nhtrung
They ask me 3 questions and 1 of them I got wrong. That was supposed to be the easiest question ( the definition of a function ) but I was quite nervous because I didnt expect they ask this kind of question. So worried now. I'm waiting for their decision.

You're worried?!?! they didn't even ask me any questions :eek:
Reply 3
Save yourself while you still can.

In more useful advice, they offer pretty much everyone who got an interview a place, there's even people from clearing on the course this year.
Reply 4
nhtrung
They ask me 3 questions and 1 of them I got wrong. That was supposed to be the easiest question ( the definition of a function ) but I was quite nervous because I didnt expect they ask this kind of question. So worried now. I'm waiting for their decision.

My interviewer asked me for an example of a function, I think i got it wrong.
I don't do computing A level, so that's my excuse :smile:

In the scheme of things I don't think it really matters. Being in the first set of applicants interviewed, you will probably get an offer.
Reply 5
Anyone had a reply from York following the Comp sci interview yet?
Hash

Nope :frown: The interviewer said it would be some time this week though :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Hash

Took about 10 days after my interview to get any official word back from them, 'though I asked the interviewer immediately afterwards what would happen next and he said I'd get an offer, as would most people that had been interviewed.
Reply 8
woo got my offer today (AAB)

Andy T, are you studying compsci at York?
Reply 9
Yep, I'm a fresher and Hex is a second year (I think) compsci.
Hash
woo got my offer today (AAB)

Same here :biggrin:
Reply 11
Pixelfairy #1
Same here :biggrin:

Well done :smile:
Hash
Well done :smile:

You too :biggrin:

Who did you have your interview with? :tongue:
Reply 13
Pixelfairy #1
You too :biggrin:

Who did you have your interview with? :tongue:

Mr. Wellings, and what about you?
Hash
Mr. Wellings, and what about you?

Richard Paige :biggrin:
Reply 15
I wonder if nhtrung got in
Hash
I wonder if nhtrung got in

AndyT
...as would most people that had been interviewed.

Probably... I mean we were the first batch! :biggrin:

What other Unis did you apply for?
Reply 17
Hey,

I've got an Interview/Open Day thing coming up!!

What is the Interview about? What do they ask you?

PLEASE HELP!!!
Jazzy
Hey,

I've got an Interview/Open Day thing coming up!!

What is the Interview about? What do they ask you?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Don't worry!!!

They just talk to you and get you to write down quetsions anonymously that you want answered, then they go through and answer them.

The lunch is nice, large choice of sandwiches plus its buffet style. (Eat as much as you like :biggrin:)

Then I went on a lab tour where we were shown some previous projects (which were really good) and a campus tour where you're shown one of the rooms and around one of the colleges (I went to Derwent).

Thenthe Interview... I never got asked anything dodgy, we just had a chat about computing and my college work in general, and what programming I'd done before, and then about course choices (like CS & Maths, Placement Year etc)

I never got asked any logic questions and I've got a place, but don't worry anyway they're not trying to trip you up!! I thinkl the questions people were asked were the standard logic questions, like 3 jugs, capacity 8 pints 5 pints and 3 pints and you have to get 1 pint out... stuff like that! :rolleyes:
Reply 19
AndyT
Yep, I'm a fresher and Hex is a second year (I think) compsci.

Yeah. Hi. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending