The Student Room Group
University of York
York

What's your favourite thing about York?

York has recently been named the most culturally vibrant city in the UK by the European Commission (http://bit.ly/32isSaP). To celebrate, we want to know your favourite things about York (the city or the uni). The best quotes will be shared on our social media, with your permission of course, so get to posting!

Minster.jpg
Reply 1
My favourite thing about UoY is the psychology department. I love my department, I enjoy talking to staff and there's an abundance of support for gaining work experience.

I'm not sure what my favourite thing about York in general is, but one thing I appreciate are all the daffodils around Fulford and the university. I grew up on a farm where one of our main produce was daffs, so it's a nice reminder of home. :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
It has to be the campus! Its like you are in a natural reserve park! It makes you relax after a stressful workshop, walking through the ducks, while following the lake to your lecture either in spring lane or central hall 😊
The King's Manor. Although York is a modern campus university, many people assume that it was established hundreds of years ago. This is, in part, because of its strong academic reputation but also because it incorporates a number of older buildings. The King's Manor is the University's physical presence in the city centre. It's a lovely Medieval building that now houses the Department of Archaeology, The Centre for Medieval Studies and the Centre for Eighteenth Century Studies. Students can call in and have a coffee in the refectory (which is also open to the public at certain times) or sit and relax in one of the quads or one of the quiet work spaces. While it's in the heart of the city, close to the Minster, it's a haven of peace and tranquillity.

https://www.york.ac.uk/about/campus/landmarks/kings-manor/
Fave thing about the uni: The ducks! I feed them every week and kinda project missing my cats onto them, they're quite sweet (except BYX goose and the angry swan)
Fave place in the city: Museum Gardens, its a really pretty area, even in winter. Peaceful and near the river. You can learn about different types of plants too.
Least favourite thing: The traffic lights!!!! arrrg they're so annoying, especially at those traffic intersections with an island in the middle, the pedestrian traffic lights never sync up so that you can cross both roads in one go, and they always leave you waiting for a really long time!
Original post by lol.yolo
Fave thing about the uni: The ducks! I feed them every week and kinda project missing my cats onto them, they're quite sweet (except BYX goose and the angry swan)
Fave place in the city: Museum Gardens, its a really pretty area, even in winter. Peaceful and near the river. You can learn about different types of plants too.
Least favourite thing: The traffic lights!!!! arrrg they're so annoying, especially at those traffic intersections with an island in the middle, the pedestrian traffic lights never sync up so that you can cross both roads in one go, and they always leave you waiting for a really long time!

But the real question... have you met the famous Long Boi?
Reply 6
Original post by SylviaMarie1999
But the real question... have you met the famous Long Boi?

I think we all did 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending