The Student Room Group

Updating photo and AT THE SAME TIME getting a full licence?

Hello,

I'm hoping to pass my driving test next week, and it occurred to me that my provisional licence photo is very outdated.

For context, I used to have very long hair and now it's short. The photo doesn't look like me any more due to how the hair was styled, and I'm not sure why the Passport Office accepted it (for my passport, and then my provisional).

I've read that you can manually send your pass certification from your driving test yourself and apply for the full licence that way.

Can I do that and update my photo used on the same form?

I can update it through renewing my passport (I believe), however that will cost me £75.00 and 5 years remaining on my passport.

I think my options are:

A) Update and apply for my full licence at the same time (if possible).

B) Renew Passport, and then apply for my Full Licence manually later on.

C) Test centre will apply for my full licence, and then I will need to update the photo at a later time. Potentially through option B.

Has anyone got any experience in this matter?
Reply 1
I’m having the same problem my photos of me when I was 12 and I look extremely different. Did you end up figuring it out if so what did you do to change the photo?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Cariad13
I’m having the same problem my photos of me when I was 12 and I look extremely different. Did you end up figuring it out if so what did you do to change the photo?

In the end, I just decided to pass my test and then update the photo after my new licence came.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending