The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ok i really need help. I'm so confused, and I feel like crap rite now.
I've been with this girl for almost 2 years now. Made a ton of sacrifices for her, put her infront of everything, and i know that's stupid, but it felt like she was worth it. but it turns out she cldnt care less about me. i met her on holiday, but it seemed to work well long distance because we really loved each other. or so i thought. she broke up with me for another bastard there, and put up pics of them making out etc just to hurt me....
and this is 2 hours after she broke up with me. yet she used to promise she loved me, even lost her virginity to me, and wned to marry me etc. i feel so lost and hurt, and like a total idiot. and the worst part is i gave up almost everything for her. idk wat to do now. i dnt even kno why im postin this. someone help plz :'(

keep anon plz.
Smem
Yeah same. Trying to find solace in The Student Room haha.
We just decorated our flat up for xmas and had xmas music on! It's made me so excited and songs like 'All I want for xmas is you' kept coming on, which makes me miss his so much more!!!
Gunna go shopping for his pressie too this week oooo!
He text me earlier: 'Im the luckiest person in the world. Evry1 dreams of having sum1 like you. I'm living the dream. xxxxxxxx. never stop loving you.'

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :o:

xxxx

Oh its so lovely when they send you a nice text isn't it? I get butterflies when my boyfriend says something nice on the phone or in a text, he doesn't even need to be here with me :o:
He manages to make me feel so special even when he's far away. But I'm really hoping these next 2 weeks hurry up and fly by. It's been 2 weeks since he's gone and it feels a lot longer :frown: Pfft.
Anonymous
Ok i really need help. I'm so confused, and I feel like crap rite now.
I've been with this girl for almost 2 years now. Made a ton of sacrifices for her, put her infront of everything, and i know that's stupid, but it felt like she was worth it. but it turns out she cldnt care less about me. i met her on holiday, but it seemed to work well long distance because we really loved each other. or so i thought. she broke up with me for another bastard there, and put up pics of them making out etc just to hurt me....
and this is 2 hours after she broke up with me. yet she used to promise she loved me, even lost her virginity to me, and wned to marry me etc. i feel so lost and hurt, and like a total idiot. and the worst part is i gave up almost everything for her. idk wat to do now. i dnt even kno why im postin this. someone help plz :'(

keep anon plz.

I'm sorry to hear that. I can imagine that its even harder after talking about the future together and you having given up so much for her.
Did she give you any inclination that she was going to dump you? Or was it out of the blue? And what reasons did she give you?
From what you've said it sounds like she doesn't deserve you, but that's no help to you right now I know.
Have you tried ringing her to speak to her? I think that might be the best thing to do, but only after you've calmed down a bit.
lucyhol1012
I'm sorry to hear that. I can imagine that its even harder after talking about the future together and you having given up so much for her.
Did she give you any inclination that she was going to dump you? Or was it out of the blue? And what reasons did she give you?
From what you've said it sounds like she doesn't deserve you, but that's no help to you right now I know.
Have you tried ringing her to speak to her? I think that might be the best thing to do, but only after you've calmed down a bit.

her reason was "he's better". and no, she said she was really happy with me the night before. she was at a party with him, came back, and said 'your not the right guy' =\. i did call her, but she hung up half way in between, to 'call her baby'. like wow. i just dont understand.
Anonymous
her reason was "he's better". and no, she said she was really happy with me the night before. she was at a party with him, came back, and said 'your not the right guy' =\. i did call her, but she hung up half way in between, to 'call her baby'. like wow. i just dont understand.

I cannot believe she said that to you, about calling him instead. That's really out of order. How far away do you live from her?
You may have to leave her to calm down for a bit because she doesn't sound like she's in any state to talk to you properly right now.

I don't know what I can suggest for the best really. If you keep trying to contact her it'll just make you feel worse as she puts the phone down on you or worse still doesn't answer.
lucyhol1012
I cannot believe she said that to you, about calling him instead. That's really out of order. How far away do you live from her?
You may have to leave her to calm down for a bit because she doesn't sound like she's in any state to talk to you properly right now.

I don't know what I can suggest for the best really. If you keep trying to contact her it'll just make you feel worse as she puts the phone down on you or worse still doesn't answer.

i know, she just suddenly seems so different from what i thought. and its shocking to be honest. she lives in florida, i live in london..so yea =\, but i was with her over the summer again, and she's applied to universities here...so it's not as bad as it seems distance wise.
And yea i agree with you about contacting her, she just tells me about how much she loves him, shows me a damn picture, or says a load of crap about how its my fault because i didnt talk to her all day that day. lmao i dont kno whether to laugh because she's being so pathetic, or be upset because it hurts so bad....
or maybe its just me? =\ :frown:
...?
I'm currently in upper sixth, with a boyfriend at university....he's only a 45 min train journey away, so I see him mostly once a week - weekends are difficult, as his parents often want him home, but its currently working fine :smile:

Now its my turn to apply to universities, and i'm getting stressed - my dream uni, Warwick, would make me only 2h 10mins away from him, which we both agree we will be able to handle, alternating visits etc

Only problem is, the only uni i've currently got an offer from is Exeter - an expensive 4 hour journey!

I know this is only a hypothetical situation, but its taking up alot of my time thinking about it - if it ends up with Exeter, what should I do? How do people with similar distance situations cope?

We are in a very strong relationship, and trust is not an issue - but I can't see how going to a uni that i don't really want to, moving away from the person I love most, just because I think I should, is going to be worth it for me........
Urgh I just randomly am so absoutely fed up with bloody long distance. I HATE the fact that my boyfriend lives in England and I hate that I haven't seen him for a month and still have 3 weeks to go. I know it's not that bad, but ARGH I am so so so fed up with it all. It's just so horrible to really want a hug sooo much and not being able to have one, and I am so stressed out with exams that it seems that we are always just... arguing because I am so stressed out and I just don't like it AT ALL. I miss him so much.
Sorry, I just needed a rant :smile:
Reply 1989
woodstock
I'm currently in upper sixth, with a boyfriend at university....he's only a 45 min train journey away, so I see him mostly once a week - weekends are difficult, as his parents often want him home, but its currently working fine :smile:

Now its my turn to apply to universities, and i'm getting stressed - my dream uni, Warwick, would make me only 2h 10mins away from him, which we both agree we will be able to handle, alternating visits etc

Only problem is, the only uni i've currently got an offer from is Exeter - an expensive 4 hour journey!

I know this is only a hypothetical situation, but its taking up alot of my time thinking about it - if it ends up with Exeter, what should I do? How do people with similar distance situations cope?

We are in a very strong relationship, and trust is not an issue - but I can't see how going to a uni that i don't really want to, moving away from the person I love most, just because I think I should, is going to be worth it for me........

Don't go worrying about this yet until you hear from Warwick.

If you definitely don't want to go to Exeter though (and not JUST for distance reasons) then you're not obliged to. Much better to find a uni you're happy with, but cross that bridge if you come to it.

As for distance, my guy lives the other side of the world but we're seeing each other soon after a long time apart. Trust and communication is key and you say you've got that so you needn't worry.
happy watermelon
Urgh I just randomly am so absoutely fed up with bloody long distance. I HATE the fact that my boyfriend lives in England and I hate that I haven't seen him for a month and still have 3 weeks to go. I know it's not that bad, but ARGH I am so so so fed up with it all. It's just so horrible to really want a hug sooo much and not being able to have one, and I am so stressed out with exams that it seems that we are always just... arguing because I am so stressed out and I just don't like it AT ALL. I miss him so much.
I feel exactly the same... :'( Only, the last time I saw him was only a couple of weeks ago although I can't remember it, which is making it worse. *sigh*
Reply 1991
happy watermelon

Amen to that!
:hugs:
subtle_aurora
I feel exactly the same... :'( Only, the last time I saw him was only a couple of weeks ago although I can't remember it, which is making it worse. *sigh*

:hugs: It's rubbish lol. Howcome you don't remember it? And when are you seeing him next?
djk_99
Amen to that!

:shakehand:
djk_99
Amen to that!

Ditto.
Blehhhhhhhh.
:puppyeyes:
So after a lovely weekend, Ive just came home from being with the boy. Made myself promise I wouldnt cry..so as im waiting for my train and hes standing with me, what do I go and do! Break down crying...right until he waves me off.
LDRS Suck, I honestly do not know whats keeping me going through all this, just his comforting words I guess.

Although 14 days till I see him again, and we made each other calanders last night to count off the days.

I dont know, I dont have it as tough as some of you guys, but i just cant get to grips with the whole ldr thing, it's just him being away at uni, and being upset etc and im not able to help him when he needs me and visa-versa,
So anyway im currently eating chocolate and feeling sorry for myself!

Sharpersparkle: Sorry I havent emailed back lately, hows things going?
**CutiePie**

Sharpersparkle: Sorry I havent emailed back lately, hows things going?

Hey sweetie... don't worry about not emailing back, I've had heaps of work lately :frown:
Eating chocolate and feeling sorry for yourself sounds like a good idea... I can't afford chocolate at the moment so I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

I've been ok recently but I think as I know that the holidays are approaching I'm reallllyyyyyy missing Jack more than before! I'm feeling pretty down today to be honest, as we're sorting our our New Year plans and we're not spending it together. This led to him saying that I have to have my own life and not be so dependent on him, but I think I stood up for myself pretty well... I love him very much and of course I love to spend time with him, but I am capable of functioning on my own... after all I'm at uni 200 miles away from him and I'm still here! I'm just a bit upset because last new year he got so trashed, as did my sister, that I spent the entire night looking after them both and was alone when the clock struck 12. I understand why he wants to have NYE with his family this year... his sister is visiting from Canada with her baby, so it'll be nice for him to spend some time with the family. And I'm going to have a really good time with a bunch of friends, but I just feel like it would be more fun with Jack there. Sigh.

Sounds like you're being really brave, and making calendars for each other is such a sweet idea! :smile: Not long to go no... just keep swimming, just keep swimming, la la la la la....
happy watermelon
:hugs:

:hugs: It's rubbish lol. Howcome you don't remember it? And when are you seeing him next?
:hugs: Memory loss... Long story. 28 days til I see him.
Hey! I also just got back to England after having spent 10 days in France alternating seeing my boyfriend and being at home . I went to my boyfriends campus first, and stayed 4 1/2 days, and then took the train home, it felt good to be home (first time since I left) and did tons of things,and then at the week end my boyfriend also came home, and we spent time with his family and his older brother who got married 2 months ago announced to everyone at the restaurant that he was going to have a baby in 7 months. And then I don't know how but all the attention was drawn towards us, and people saying to wait a few more years and his brother joking that we were ready haha Anyway this resulted in a great week and week end and now I had to say good bye to him this morning, and I also didn't want to cry, also because i know that it won't be that long until I see him, but it just came out and then on the plane when I just spoke to him for a few seconds before the take off, its just uncontrollable. But right now I feel sort of ok I think, and it will go fast, hopefully. And I brought back with me the advent calendar he gave me last year, and on saturday when we were in town he ran off to buy me the Jeff De Bruges chocolates, which he then wrapped one by one so I can put in my calendar :smile: That will help count the days with a chocolate a day :smile: It was just such a good feeling to both be at home, like in the "old days" and be with our families together etc Can't wait for Christmas time!
My fellow monster, co-conspirator, and partner in crime boarded the train this morning to go back to canada for six months. I came back home and desolately stared at his abandoned cup of coffee and started sobbing.

How do I snap out of this?

:frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending