The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I had my offer within 10 days!
It really depends on the university and department I'm afraid. I would imagine though that BCU will be quite prompt - perhaps it's just my observation, but I tend to find it's the 'elite' universities that tend to operate within ridiculously overlong timescales. The rest seem to be a bit more conscientious about attracting students and so tend to get back a bit more rapidly.
Decisions seemed to take longer to reach here (USA) than it took for universities to make them. It seems pretty quick, outside of Oxford and Cambridge at least, if you apply early enough. No idea about this time of year however.
If you have applied to BCU's Business school...expect it to take ages..because it's admin department is the most unprofessional and bureaucratic one I have ever seen anywhere. I am a student there so I can say that from 4 years of expereince. I still haven't got my final year results, whereas my exams finished nearly 2 months ago...even worst..they have my results and the exam board is over...but they will not tell me (as its a huge secret)...they will only send them via post :smile: ..

However, they may get back to you sooner, because new business is more of a priority for them...then students who have graduated...but once you get the offer...dont tell me I didnt warn you...

On another note, the social life at BCU is absolutely fantastic...In my humble opinion, one of the most active student union's in the UK, organising loads of great events.
Reply 5
On another note, the social life at BCU is absolutely fantastic...In my humble opinion, one of the most active student union's in the UK, organising loads of great events.
Reply 6
ohhh ... thank you for your opinion . I have received information from BCU that they will reply to me by the end of next week .... So we will see ... :wink:
Anyway , yes- I have applied to Business School for postgraduate course - International Business and Management . I am wondering if they got some scholarship or finance support , but I believe not , because of the postgraduate studies, right .?

Latest

Trending

Trending