The Student Room Group

How can I stay calmer on my 2nd driving test?

I took my first driving test last month, I failed (2 majors, 5 minors) one major was that I was pulling out onto a main road in 3rd (who knows why) and I didn’t realise and kept stalling so I jumped into the road and the other one was someone in the lane next to me speeded In front of me to go the same direction I was going so the test guy had to stop the car, my minors were just mirror checks and one lane one cause my the road I got was tricky. But I was so anxious the whole time and I just felt like I forgot everything and I’ve got my next test booked in a couple weeks and I’m worried it’s harder than the one I got this time and I don’t do well because of me forgetting what to do under pressure. Does anyone have any tips to stay calm/not forget what to do? I’m really tempted to move the date but I know I’ll always feel the way I do because I’m absolutely fine in driving lessons it’s just the test so I feel like it’s pointless moving it. Any help/past experience would help so much!!
Original post by Lauododns
I took my first driving test last month, I failed (2 majors, 5 minors) one major was that I was pulling out onto a main road in 3rd (who knows why) and I didn’t realise and kept stalling so I jumped into the road and the other one was someone in the lane next to me speeded In front of me to go the same direction I was going so the test guy had to stop the car, my minors were just mirror checks and one lane one cause my the road I got was tricky. But I was so anxious the whole time and I just felt like I forgot everything and I’ve got my next test booked in a couple weeks and I’m worried it’s harder than the one I got this time and I don’t do well because of me forgetting what to do under pressure. Does anyone have any tips to stay calm/not forget what to do? I’m really tempted to move the date but I know I’ll always feel the way I do because I’m absolutely fine in driving lessons it’s just the test so I feel like it’s pointless moving it. Any help/past experience would help so much!!

Just keep practising so it becomes habit. And take big deep breaths.
I failed my test twice then passed third time with 1 minor, I was feeling okay the first time but failed, then I was SUPER anxious my second time and not surprised at all I failed, but the third time I essentially sat myself down and said ‘right, you’re passing this time’. A driving test is essentially you just driving how a driving test needs for 40 minutes, so focus on checking your mirrors regularly, being in the right gear, just try and slow yourself down physically in the car and mentally rather than panicking. Passing your driving test genuinely just needs you to follow the rules for a driving test! Not sure if it will but hopefully this helps, HMU if you’ve got any more questions etc x
Reply 3
I passed on 2nd time and just ignore your first time and relax.....you’ll be fine....GL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending