The Student Room Group

GSK Assessment Centre Invite

Scroll to see replies

Hello guys i have been invited for a AC for technology FLP , in the mail they stated that there will be micro exercises relating to product launch, can u pleass tell me what to expect in the micro exercises??
Original post by wilsonfurtado12
Hello guys i have been invited for a AC for technology FLP , in the mail they stated that there will be micro exercises relating to product launch, can u pleass tell me what to expect in the micro exercises??

Most likely refers to a short assessment(s) - maybe individual and/or group.
Original post by Chris2892
Most likely refers to a short assessment(s) - maybe individual and/or group.

like numerical ?
Original post by wilsonfurtado12
like numerical ?

The type of assessment is subject to the assessors preference. I couldn’t tell you what GSK do, I don’t work there and their assessments may change frequently.

I work for a major healthcare company, ours change often, but the purpose is often the same.

The assessments we hand out to grads, students, and apprentices have no clear right answer and may contain complex information we don’t expect them to understand.

This is done to encourage discussion and collaboration to gauge the individual on a more personal level. We’re more interested in the journey than the solution.

Especially for apprentices, I’d be more interested in a pragmatic applicant who is a natural learner rather than an applicant with a lot of prior knowledge.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sky06
Yep, I got accepted !!! 😊 Looking forward to starting this September. Data Science at Stevenage.

Hi, I have been invited for Assessment centre day for Tech Business Partnering Graduate Apprenticeship, London.
Could you please tell more about the Assessment day, how is it look like, what type of exercises we have to do and what questions are asked in the interview?
Original post by Raman.singh1
Hi, I have been invited for Assessment centre day for Tech Business Partnering Graduate Apprenticeship, London.
Could you please tell more about the Assessment day, how is it look like, what type of exercises we have to do and what questions are asked in the interview?
Heyy, I also received an online interview invitation for data science. I have 1-2 days to attend. If you have any information about what is going on, can you share it? If I pass this, I will also receive an invitation to the assessment centre. Also, since I am participating from another country, I think this stage will be online. How does the process work? This is the posting I applied for: R&D Data Science - Clinical Supply Chain Graduate Apprentice, UK, 2024. If there are other candidates, I hope we can stay in touch.
Reply 26
Original post by mabelbartu
Heyy, I also received an online interview invitation for data science. I have 1-2 days to attend. If you have any information about what is going on, can you share it? If I pass this, I will also receive an invitation to the assessment centre. Also, since I am participating from another country, I think this stage will be online. How does the process work? This is the posting I applied for: R&D Data Science - Clinical Supply Chain Graduate Apprentice, UK, 2024. If there are other candidates, I hope we can stay in touch.

Hey, I just wanted to ask if you've done the hacker rank assessment to get to that stage. if you don't mind me asking, how was it, did you get to choose what code you could use and how did you prepare for it ?
Original post by kb22
Hey, I just wanted to ask if you've done the hacker rank assessment to get to that stage. if you don't mind me asking, how was it, did you get to choose what code you could use and how did you prepare for it ?

Hi, Of course, you can ask. I participated in the Online job simulation and then received an email from the human resources department containing a couple of questions about my location details where I legally reside. I believe this indicates that the simulation went well, but I haven’t completed the HackerRank task yet, so I haven’t received any information about that part of the process at least in my case. Feel free to ask if there are any issues with the assessments I participated in. I’m also waiting for feedback for the next step in the process.
Reply 28
Hi, Of course, you can ask. I participated in the Online job simulation and then received an email from the human resources department containing a couple of questions about my location details where I legally reside. I believe this indicates that the simulation went well, but I haven’t completed the HackerRank task yet, so I haven’t received any information about that part of the process at least in my case. Feel free to ask if there are any issues with the assessments I participated in. I’m also waiting for feedback for the next step in the process.

oh wow, I completed the online job simulation also, after that they said the last online assessment for me would be the hacker rank test it might be because i'm from a biological sciences background perhaps ? Thanks for the help though
Original post by kb22
oh wow, I completed the online job simulation also, after that they said the last online assessment for me would be the hacker rank test it might be because i'm from a biological sciences background perhaps ? Thanks for the help though

I understand, I'm glad you received feedback. Maybe they didn't request the test from me because I have a double major diploma. By the way, I found a lot of things about HackerRank while browsing this portal, I can share them with you. By the way, when did you receive the email? I haven't been able to find out whether I've moved on to the next stage since Friday, so I'm waiting for an email.
Reply 30
I understand, I'm glad you received feedback. Maybe they didn't request the test from me because I have a double major diploma. By the way, I found a lot of things about HackerRank while browsing this portal, I can share them with you. By the way, when did you receive the email? I haven't been able to find out whether I've moved on to the next stage since Friday, so I'm waiting for an email.
Hey, thanks! I would appreciate the info you have on hacker rank tests. Also I received the feedback quite recently like at the start of this week.
Reply 31

Hi, i have progressed to the HackerRank stage as well, would you be able to share this information with me as well?
Original post by kb22
Hey, thanks! I would appreciate the info you have on hacker rank tests. Also I received the feedback quite recently like at the start of this week.

I hope I’m not too late to respond. I found this text while browsing through comments on the portal, and I believe the test will be like this. Additionally, I came across another place mentioning it’s related to basic Python skills, so I think it’s one of the two. Good luck! I hope you succeed!

Hackerrank Unsure if this was a program-specific stage of the application process, but I also had to fill out a hackerrank. 13 questions, no coding, just logical/statistics/maths questions. Statistics, basic box-and-whisker plot, finding mean/mode/median, probability. Nothing too challenging, you would probably have covered these topics in high school mathematics.
Original post by AxelB
Hi, i have progressed to the HackerRank stage as well, would you be able to share this information with me as well?

Sure I think same for you too.

Hackerrank Unsure if this was a program-specific stage of the application process, but I also had to fill out a hackerrank. 13 questions, no coding, just logical/statistics/maths questions. Statistics, basic box-and-whisker plot, finding mean/mode/median, probability. Nothing too challenging, you would probably have covered these topics in high school mathematics.
Reply 34
Sure I think same for you too.

So you had no coding questions? Do u know any websites i could yse to refresh my statistics knowledge? Is it like probability trees etc?
Original post by AxelB
So you had no coding questions? Do u know any websites i could yse to refresh my statistics knowledge? Is it like probability trees etc?

As I mentioned, I didn’t receive an invitation for the HackerRank test; I found out about it while researching online, based on information from previous candidates. Since I’m a statistics graduate, I don’t have a single specific webpage I rely on for information, but I can check and send you some links if you’d like. I can’t send direct messages here, so is there another way I can reach you if you’re interested?
For those who are unsuccessful or want to widen their options, Johnson & Johnson (DePuy Synthes) are also hiring 4 Engineering R&D degree apprentice in medical device research and development.

https://cogentskills.com/vacancies/npd-engineer-test-engineer-degree-apprenticeship-depuy-synthes/
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending