The Student Room Group

Can I use the Duolingo English test to optain a UK visa (if the uni accepts it)?

I'm not sure if I can give the Duolingo test or if I'll also have to give the IELTS/TOEFL.

Update: To anyone else who lands here in the future, yes. You can just take the Duolingo English test if your university accepts it. It's HIGHLY secure.
(edited 4 years ago)
Are you joking? Duolingo is a phone app, anyone can take your phone and use that app.
Reply 2
There is a website called Duolingo English test specifically meant for the English proficiency test and its not something you can take on your phone. There are certain mandatory procedures to be followed when taking the test. So it is considered an official one.
Reply 3
To anyone concerned, yes, you can use your Duolingo score if your uni accepts it. This was confirmed by a visa officer in a virtual event conducted by the British Council.
Reply 4
Hello, and how I prove it, I just print the results that I got and I apply it with the other documents for the visa?!
Reply 5
One can to log in to the duolingo website using laptop only, the web camera has to be turned on during the test.
Thank you. I was applying for a post graduate research programme in UK. University accepts Duolingo. Hopefully I may not have problem in applying UK visa for english test requirement as I have passed only Duolingo
I'm not aware of any UK unis that accept this and while many suspect websites purport that many UK universities accept it, spending about 5 minutes checking on the actual universities' webpages finds no suggestion of it being accepted anywhere.

The fact that all the comments on here are from brand new accounts with limited posting history otherwise that have since been abandoned, which provide no specific details or examples, strongly implies that this is not true.

Latest

Trending

Trending