The Student Room Group

Stirling vs QMU vs Napier

I’m starting Adult Nursing at Stirling 🤞🏻In September but want to make an insurance choice just in case. My other offers were at Queen Margaret and Edinburgh Napier and the only thing stopping me from picking QMU is that there isn’t an option for study or volunteering abroad. Does anyone know any other perks of studying at Napier? Any info would be really appreciated! Also, is anyone else going to Stirling in Sep? It would be great to chat to potential classmates 😊 Lou
Reply 1
Hey! I've an offer for Mental health nursing in Stirling and I'm leaning v close to firming it over University of Edinburgh! I also have offers in Napier and QMU so I'm in the same boat haha
A perk of studying at Napier is the fact that you are not studying at QMU :wink:. On a more serious note - A lot of my friends from these or similar courses at QMU have mentioned the uni is lacking equipment and overall your options are quite limited. If they say they do not allow for study abroad (which is a terrible shame), they simply won't. The higher management tends to be extremely stubborn in such matters. Unless it is in your curriculum, you are on your own and the best you can hope for is finding volunteering jobs through their employability centre.

Also on a more broad note: commuting to Edinburgh can also be a bit annoying as trains typically only go once an hour and sometimes 'forget' to stop at QMU on their way to Edinburgh. Bus just takes too long, especially in higher traffic (1hr). Naturally this imprints on your social life too. Take that from someone who has lived on campus for 3 years.
Reply 3
Original post by gk152
Hey! I've an offer for Mental health nursing in Stirling and I'm leaning v close to firming it over University of Edinburgh! I also have offers in Napier and QMU so I'm in the same boat haha

Hey, did you decide whether you wanted to go to Stirling or Edinburgh? :smile: Lou
Don’t go to QMU I live two mins from their and you’ll just not have fun, it won’t live up to your uni expectations!
Reply 5
I will be studying at QMU in Sep.
Original post by Iva01
I will be studying at QMU in Sep.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

If you can still change that, do it. Thank me later.

Quick Reply

Latest