Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought it starts on the official date, 1st of October
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Moving in date is either the 27th or the 28th depending on what accommodation you have. One would have thought that it starts then, or on the Monday (29th)?
Reply 3
Last year it 'started' 27th, with some stuff arranged for the people who moved in on the 27th. The official week starts on the 29th.
http://exeterguild.org/welcome
Details are/will be there.

I'm not sure precisely what you mean by induction, but we had talks from the Guild and Deputy Vice Chancellor (in the absence of the VC) last year on the Monday (24th) and a schools day on the Tuesday (25th). Courses then began on the 1st Oct. In my experience the talks didn't contain much of great importance really whilst the schools day was pretty much vital as you learn where to go and what to do for anything important and made module choices.

If it's the same it'll be talks etc Monday 29th, Schools day 30th and courses beginning Monday 6th.

In essence welcome week begins on the Monday when you get all the talks. If you're in accommodation though, I wouldn't wait to come for the Monday, I would move in straight away as meeting all the new people will take up all your time until then.
Reply 5
Yeah I think I've read somewhere that we move to Exeter on 27th, sopressumably Freshers week is on the 29th and then courses start on the 6th :smile: x
Reply 6
Things are vaguely arranged for the first weekend for the people who move in on the 27th. Some move in on the 27th, others on the 28th. Depends which accommodation you're in =]
Reply 7
I got a letter with the term dates and i swear freshers week starts on the 29th and term proper starts on the 6th
Reply 8
^Yes that is correct. But people move in on the 27th and the 28th. And last year some things were arrange for us - a big trip to the Impy to meet everyone and things.
Reply 9
Waterish
I got a letter with the term dates and i swear freshers week starts on the 29th and term proper starts on the 6th

starts on the 6th :holmes: interesting, i can now plan moving in and freshers week avoidance technique
kayzy
starts on the 6th :holmes: interesting, i can now plan moving in and freshers week avoidance technique

Ahahaha :biggrin: I'm going down the week before, me xD Helping out at the open day hopefully =]
Reply 11
Sephrenia
Ahahaha :biggrin: I'm going down the week before, me xD Helping out at the open day hopefully =]

i'm moving into my house the beginning of september then going down there whenever i want a night out :^_^: i'm not a nice and positive enough person to help out on an open day :puppyeyes: but think i will spend freshers week at home away from busyness of it all...once was definitely enough
kayzy
i'm moving into my house the beginning of september then going down there whenever i want a night out :^_^: i'm not a nice and positive enough person to help out on an open day :puppyeyes: but think i will spend freshers week at home away from busyness of it all...once was definitely enough

I do it for the free cookies and £10 vouchers xD
Reply 13
Sephrenia
I do it for the free cookies and £10 vouchers xD

free cookies :eek: now i'm jealous :puppyeyes:
I'm moving in on the 15th, can't wait! Going out for my birthday on the 25th, then partying on in Freshers week.
Gonna need some serious hours at work to fund all this methinks :rolleyes:
kayzy
free cookies :eek: now i'm jealous :puppyeyes:

Mmmhmm :biggrin: The people who run the open day in SECaM bring in cookies and stuffs for the helpers. But yeah, DONT move in on the 20th, SECaM are expecting 1400 people :dong:
Reply 16
Wait. People are moving in as early as the 15th?

Am i missing something here? :smile:
Us 2nd and 3rd years are taking over the thread :biggrin:.
I'm moving in to my house on the 1st Sept, but will frequently be back and forth between home and Exeter until term starts unless I get work, which I could really do with.
im in a coma
Us 2nd and 3rd years are taking over the thread :biggrin:.
I'm moving in to my house on the 1st Sept, but will frequently be back and forth between home and Exeter until term starts unless I get work, which I could really do with.

the first :eek3: I don't even get my house till the 5th :p:
Sephrenia
the first :eek3: I don't even get my house till the 5th :p:

My contract begins on the first, and I'm kind of responsible for the place. I have to help one of my housemates move in and get the internet and utilities sorted.

Contracts beginning in September sucks financially. It really screws me over, having to pay deposit and rent now and not getting loans until October.

Latest

Trending

Trending