Cowberg
Mediocre, at best.

:s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reply 3
CTurbinado
:s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

Might end up spending your time studying instead
Reply 4
It's not mediocre really. There is quite a lot to do on the Kent campus. Then in town there are A LOT of pubs, and there's one very hippyish/bohemian drinks place/cafe that's open till midnight (it's very artsy fartsy, with games and books). The you've also got the orange street music club which is basically a very snooty pub with things like live jazz, poetry readings (I think stand up comedy too, but I can't remember). There are three clubs in town, and one on campus. There are also quite a few pubs with live music, one in particular does rocky/metaly music and has a space for dancing.

The pubs are very varied too, you have snooty ones, rocky ones, normal ones, very old ones.

There are also quite a lot of late night nasty places to eat (like kebabs and things).

It's not exactly like "camden" or something but there is quite a lot to do!
also the op says kent - i mean jeeeez there is loads to do in kent if you dont mind going a little further
Cowberg
Mediocre, at best.

:s-smilie: err, k. id ignore this guy, its actually pretty good.
Reply 7
i stumbled onto this site while looking for strawberry moons bar (london) it mite help :s-smilie:

http://www.strawberrymoons.co.uk/
Reply 8
Bear_Grylls
:s-smilie: err, k. id ignore this guy, its actually pretty good.

Oh, I'm "this guy" now, eh!
well i liked the look of the place and artsy pubs are more my thing then getting ****faced in a chavvy club...been there done that...wasn't even wearing a freakin t-shirt haha
it depends where OP means in Kent... it varies, near me, in West Kent... there are clubs (in Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and some other ones I don't know about) as well as pubs n other places... but I'm guessing as you're at uni you don't really wanna go all that way due to expenses etc... if you're looking for a cheap night out, go to a Wetherspoons, there's virtually one in every town and the drinks and food are pretty cheap
woop woop spoonage! as its known in my town! thats where we celebrated our results!
Reply 12
What are closing times generally like? 12am/1am/2am/3am...?
Aspect

2-3
Aspect

dunno about clubs (not my scene)

During the week most pubs close at 11pm, spoons stays open until midnight. Weekend an hour later.
Bear_Grylls
2-3

nothing past 2am i don't think, canterbury council aren't that cool about late closing
random_bloke
nothing past 2am i don't think, canterbury council aren't that cool about late closing

yeah but ive been in the works before up until 2.30,
Bear_Grylls
yeah but ive been in the works before up until 2.30,

Well you learn something new every day.

I think the general message is though; if you're going to uni for the whole clubbing experience then there alot better places than Canterbury. If you want to live in a beautiful city with lots of lovely little streets and plenty of atmosphere, where its safe to walk the streets, with plenty of lovely pubs and places to eat then it's fantastic.
Start A RIOT!
woop woop spoonage! as its known in my town! thats where we celebrated our results!

saaaaame!! after results we had spoons brekkie (accompanied with a pint of coke...twas interesting lol) then had lunch in there where the drinking began and finished later that night lol
There is no point asking what the night life is like in my opinion. You and your friends make the night, not always the bar/club you are at.

Latest

Trending

Trending