The Student Room Group
Reply 1
when you say monday surely you don't mean Monday as in 4 days time!
Reply 2
Wilde_Oscar
English at Trinity, and I thought it was next -Friday-. So I'm now revising for the SATII subject tests for Princeton and Harvard and Yale, and -also- preparing for the interview. While working from 6-9 on Friday night, and 9-6 on Saturday. Yeah. Screwed doesn't describe it.

Any advice?

...What did you get on the SAT I?

depending on that you may not need to do as well on the SAT IIs.

I didn't revise for SATII, but still did ok.
Reply 3
Here's a hug {hug}
Go fetch some chocolate
Calm down.

When are you doing the SAT 2s? Can you afford to put them off a little bit?
But really, think about it. With all the stuff you've got on with work, are you really going to get much interview preparation done? Just forget about it and calm down. There's not much you can do at this stage so don't get so worked up :smile:
{huggles}
Reply 4
Prioritise... These are the kind of pressures that make or break you. Make yourself, as Incubus once said:smile:
Reply 5
Monday as in four days time. As in, I'm working Friday night, I get up at 5 on Saturday to take the SATIIs on Saturday morning in Lakenheath at the airbase, for eight o'clock, I finish there at twelv-ish, and drive home. I work in the afternoon, then babysit Saturday night.

Sunday, I don't do that much, except dance. Monday, at ten, the prat crit class begins. -Panic-...

Um, I got 1320 out of 1600 in the SATIs. My teachers -are- writing that I haven't taken maths in two years, explaining my abysmal score - they break down into 790 out of 800 in verbal, and 530 out of 800 in maths. And Harvard, Princeton and Yale all demand SATII subject tests if I haven't passed my A levels yet. AS levels don't count, apparently.

I'm taking Latin, then a writing paper - essays, stupid ones - and then a literature paper, which is basically comprehension.

And well, I have AEA English lessons on Thursdays, so I would've gone in, fresh from an English lesson, with a week to prepare, and do History coursework as well. Damn it, I'm going to miss the mock Lear paper my English teacher was setting. Oh *bugger*.
Reply 6
Wilde_Oscar

Um, I got 1320 out of 1600 in the SATIs. My teachers -are- writing that I haven't taken maths in two years, explaining my abysmal score - they break down into 790 out of 800 in verbal, and 530 out of 800 in maths. And Harvard, Princeton and Yale all demand SATII subject tests if I haven't passed my A levels yet. AS levels don't count, apparently.

790 on the verbal is really great. Are you applying as an English major?

I'm taking the SATI on saturday....have done 4 full length practise papers since yesterday, and my head now hurts! Did the SATII in november.

Can't you take sick leave on friday night?? I would. :wink:
Reply 7
Well, I'm taking sick leave on Saturday, I'm brand new in my job, and I've got to work that shift or make it up.

And yeah, I'm applying as an English major, but 530 is pretty :smile::smile::smile::smile:. The SATI papers I used...god, I think I did -seven-. I was prepared for the score, though. I was scoring 1200-1300 on practise papers. I'm really worried about Latin, though, as there's -no- practise papers for it. I've done scansion with my Latin teacher, but it's not an area I'm hot on. I can translate English to Latin, but it's the rote learning of verbs. If I'm asked the difference between the present subjunctive passive and the present of the first conjugation indicative active, I'm going to be hopeless. 'Am es et' - Future, not present. Bugger. Already confused.
Reply 8
That verbal score is amazing. The math is excellent, considering your circumstances!
Reply 9
Wilde_Oscar
I'm really worried about Latin, though, as there's -no- practise papers for it.

I've got a past paper of Latin. It's in the "Real SAT II:s-smilie:ubject tests" book I got (collegeboard). I've got the test in front of me now. If it helps I can give you the grade boundaries.

63/70 or more : 800
then approx 10 points down for every mark you lose.
Wilde_Oscar
English at Trinity, and I thought it was next -Friday-. So I'm now revising for the SATII subject tests for Princeton and Harvard and Yale, and -also- preparing for the interview. While working from 6-9 on Friday night, and 9-6 on Saturday. Yeah. Screwed doesn't describe it.

Any advice?

Prioritise CAMBRIDGE.... It's so much better!
Reply 11
Thank you! Oh crap - I wish I'd known of that book. Woulda bought it just for the Latin. Too bloody late now.

I've been mired up in personal crises - my grandma died a week ago, funeral was on Monday, and I've been catching up history coursework. Now I have SATs, and an interview, as well as finishing coursework.
Reply 12
I have the SAT I this Saturday. Then on January, I have SAT II's.

SATs suck. They really do.
That's rather crap that they mixed up your interview*. I suppose if you could get off work it could be a good idea. But try not to worry too much I know it's much easier said than done! I bet you've got more than enough up in your head already :smile:

* or did you have it mixed up? Either way, it's rubbish!
Reply 14
Um, gringalet, -I- mucked it up. I'm an idiot. Nothing further needed.

I worked tonight, and revised Latin. I'm spending most of Sunday in a dance competition I have to go to, and all of Saturday night dancing in a practise session so I actually -know- the dances. So I've got...Saturday afternoon. To read Swift's poetry, Byron, a bit of Shelley, revise Pope, finish 'What Maise knew' by Henry James, and finish off at least four of Pinter's plays. Then a brief scan over Othello and Lear, Harrison, and a brush over the exterior of Dickens'.

*sigh* So much reading. Am soo, soo, glad that I can read very fast.

Latest

Trending

Trending