The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

papillon22
Thanks sophisticated- you make me feel a little better, I still might register for a waiting list to change though. Just to check, were you in standard or enhanced accommodation? I hear they're quite different, so that might have determined your enjoyment?

I would never want to be in Holland though, thats for sure. I just wanted Hope or Lopes! :frown:

I was in standard Lafrowda.
Hope and Lopes are lovely and as a consequence very oversubscribed.
You will be fine in block J Lafrowda...it's enhanced isn't it? As long as you're not put in the flat on the 1st floor with 4 people (very slim chance that you will be, they are normally people who have opted for a "quiet flat") you will be fine. :yep:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 21
sophisticated
I was in standard Lafrowda.
Hope and Lopes are lovely and as a consequence very oversubscribed.
You will be fine in block J Lafrowda...it's enhanced isn't it? As long as you're not put in the flat on the 1st floor with 4 people (very slim chance that you will be, they are normally people who have opted for a "quiet flat") you will be fine. :yep:

Its just annoying that even though its my firm choice and I got way over the grades required, I still didn't get my first or second choice- it makes me wonder who does get it?!
No I am in standard Lafrowda- thats what I'm worried about! I read just now that they have plastic mattresses?!
My mum phoned up and they can't tell me what floor I am on, but they said it wasn't the ground floor, which I was worried about, so at least I won't be with only 4 people :smile:
Thanks for your help by the way, I don't mean to sound so spoilt I'm just scared!
Reply 22
Ah J block is a good place, the matresses don't look particulary nice when you first arrive but they were quite comfy :smile: It's a bit of a dump admittedly but it's the people that matter , so I'm sure you'll have an awesome time =D
I got my first choice last year :proud: There again i did go for the little known place xD I don't know how the accomm people work, but they give priority to disabled, then I expect internationals. They say it isn't first come first served, but I expect in a way it is =P
Reply 24
If you go there worrying about everything and telling yourself you won't like it then you're going to end up miserable and unhappy, and making yourself dislike it. Keep an open mind.
Reply 25
Accommodation has nothing to do with grades - they accommodate the disabled first, followed by international students, followed by gap year students, and then everyone else follows. It appears to be first come first serve - I sent back my accommodation form the same day I received it and got my first choice, and other people's stories also seem to correlate with this theory.

Yes, the mattresses in Lafrowda are plastic. However, you'll have a top sheet over it, so I fail to see the problem there really.

I wouldn't bother putting yourself on a list to change accommodation straight away. Wait and see how you find it first - chances are you'll be perfectly happy and moving is a real faff anyway, particularly in the middle of the year.
In Cooks we had plastic mattresses - I put the duvet they provided over it and used my own...Such a comfy bed :coma:
Reply 27
Sephrenia
In Cooks we had plastic mattresses - I put the duvet they provided over it and used my own...Such a comfy bed :coma:

I found an old woolen blanket, matress protector and a couple of fitted sheets to go quite nicely, with a nice double duvet over the top with one half tucked down the side of the wall the bed was up against. Perfect!
lmcorr
I found an old woolen blanket, matress protector and a couple of fitted sheets to go quite nicely, with a nice double duvet over the top with one half tucked down the side of the wall the bed was up against. Perfect!

Sounds goooooood :biggrin:
Sephrenia
Sounds goooooood :biggrin:

I had to provide my own topsheet for the plastic mattress, but then left it there when I moved out :frown:
Numpty :rolleyes:
Anyone goes into Laf D302 next year....the cover belongs to ME! :biggrin: Can I have it back please? :p:
sophisticated
I had to provide my own topsheet for the plastic mattress, but then left it there when I moved out :frown:
Numpty :rolleyes:
Anyone goes into Laf D302 next year....the cover belongs to ME! :biggrin: Can I have it back please? :p:

Ahahaha xD My cover was way too big for my bed, but hey! Me and a friend also swapped duvets right at the end - mine was an awful one, so whoever is in Cook Mews 204 I apologise - go and talk to Cook Mews 206 and get your duvet back xD
Sephrenia
Ahahaha xD My cover was way too big for my bed

Same here, I swear they're smaller than actual singles!
sophisticated
Same here, I swear they're smaller than actual singles!

Big enough though xD
Reply 33
I'm worried, everyones getting there 3rd choices or none of their choices at all that i know of!!! And I still havent heard, but i handed my accomodation choices in on the day that we could send them. mmm hopefully I'll hear soon, although apparantly sometimes its not until mid september!
Reply 34
.:Emma:.
I'm worried, everyones getting there 3rd choices or none of their choices at all that i know of!!! And I still havent heard, but i handed my accomodation choices in on the day that we could send them. mmm hopefully I'll hear soon, although apparantly sometimes its not until mid september!

I still havn't heard anything either. I gave the accommodation office a ring just out of interest and they said it may be two-three weeks which worries me slightly :s-smilie: I'm not really all that fussed if I don't get any of my choices but I'm really dreading being put in a twin room.
Reply 35
CocoBean
I still havn't heard anything either. I gave the accommodation office a ring just out of interest and they said it may be two-three weeks which worries me slightly :s-smilie: I'm not really all that fussed if I don't get any of my choices but I'm really dreading being put in a twin room.

mm yeah same!!

Mine still says processing but I jsut figured out if you hover over where it says processing, mine says 'allocated but ot offered' so i can;t see where Im going yete still but they have allocated it. :s-smilie: why cant they jsut tell me! lol
Reply 36
.:Emma:.
mm yeah same!!

Mine still says processing but I jsut figured out if you hover over where it says processing, mine says 'allocated but ot offered' so i can;t see where Im going yete still but they have allocated it. :s-smilie: why cant they jsut tell me! lol

How long has yours been saying Processing for? Mine still reads Submitted.

I wonder how they sort out all the accommodation out....
CocoBean

Disabled, International, Gap Years, and then the rest! Might be alphabetical, might be first come first serve - who knows! They do try to fit people in together in flats that work (although I'm not sure how maths + 3x English + classics go together all that well xD)
Reply 38
CocoBean

I don;t know how long its said processing for! I only really looked a few days ago and it jsut said it, i pressumed everyones said that now.

and i was jsut talking to my firend about that for like an hour! We have no idea!!! Obvs disable and international students are catered for first
Reply 39
Could to an extent be alphabetical - in our flat in Lafrowda virtually all the surnames seemed to be M-T.
We also noticed that year that we all came from similar socio-economic backgrounds.

Latest

Trending

Trending