The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hmm, you know what a pint, shot and glass are? And do you know the most popular drinks in the UK? Also look up how to pour a Guinness properly!
Keg is a word you need to know.
TomQMU
Hmm, you know what a pint, shot and glass are? And do you know the most popular drinks in the UK? Also look up how to pour a Guinness properly!
Keg is a word you need to know.

well they dont have pints in germany
and since its germany, i dont think which drinks are popular in the UK are relevant (maybe Ireland? idk)
well i know theres a lot of terminology like 'on the rocks' which I should know- i was wondering more about that?

yes- ill look up keg
Reply 3
Just look up somewhere on the net for the most popular drinks.
Were you being sarcastic when you said they don't have pints in Germany??

You just need to know the names of all the drinks, but you'll pick that up fast. And no-one is posh enough to use terms like on the rocks etc, so don't worry!
TomQMU
Just look up somewhere on the net for the most popular drinks.
Were you being sarcastic when you said they don't have pints in Germany??

You just need to know the names of all the drinks, but you'll pick that up fast. And no-one is posh enough to use terms like on the rocks etc, so don't worry!

no they seriously dont
they use litres instead (I know, its a shame)

but thanks
Reply 5
Depends what your German is like obviously, but there shouldn't be anything too hard coming up. They usually use the English word for shot, and anyone ordering beer just says the name of the beer, and if they don't say, ask them if they want ein großes oder kleines. Unless you're lucky enough to be serving Maße :wink:

I do bar work and speak German and lived all of last year in Germany and can't think of any particular terminology that would honestly be likely to crop up, but if you need further help, feel free to ask.
Reply 6
butterfly_girl_5
no they seriously dont
they use litres instead (I know, its a shame)

but thanks

Oh I was just thinking of how many pints I had when I was in Berlin the other day - they are about 500ml, so it amounts to the same thing.
TomQMU
Oh I was just thinking of how many pints I had when I was in Berlin the other day - they are about 500ml, so it amounts to the same thing.

somehow litres makes it sound worse- because it makes me think about how much beer ive drunk in terms of milk...
(i know you get pints of milk to- but you also traditionally associate pints w beer)
Reply 8
butterfly_girl_5
somehow litres makes it sound worse- because it makes me think about how much beer ive drunk in terms of milk...

That is brilliant!
"Ohhh, eeeeughhh, I must have had, like, 8 pints of milk last night... get me a beer"
TomQMU
That is brilliant!
"Ohhh, eeeeughhh, I must have had, like, 8 pints of milk last night... get me a beer"

just look at the carton of milk in your fridge and imagine downing 3 of those within an hour...
Reply 10
butterfly_girl_5
just look at the carton of milk in your fridge and imagine downing 3 of those within an hour...

Yes, and what of it. I drink 10 a day. Like Gaston. Gaston? Is that his name? Disney was so long ago. So was the last valid point I made in this post.

Latest

Trending

Trending