The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Best accommodation?

Looking to apply for accomodation soon and I was wondering what the good ones are?

I've heard good stuff about Talybont South/North.

I'm looking for one that's self catered and has quite a good atmosphere with people that like to go out.

Any help? Thanks x
Original post by mat325h
Looking to apply for accomodation soon and I was wondering what the good ones are?

I'm looking for one that's self catered and has quite a good atmosphere with people that like to go out.

Any help? Thanks x

Talybont South is by far the best for student experience I think. The most social, the most fun. I am soooo glad I lived in Taly South!! Try get this if you can.

Taly North isn't as nice, its nickname is Talybronx. the flats are nowhere near as good but it'll still be social. But don't expect a pretty flat. The only alright ones are up at the top end near Taly Gate.

Taly Gate is really nice but more expensive. You'll probably have a mixture of people in this hall. It's furthest from main uni building however closest to big Tesco and Mcdonalds.

Taly Court isn't as social due to the layout of the flats. It is however the closest to the uni buildings out of the four.

University Hall is social however FAR. There is however a free bus that runs for people who live there. You'll have to get taxis to nights out though rather than be able to walk.

Cartwright Court for some reason is an often overlooked hall. It's so close to Albany Road which has loads of shops like Iceland/Home Bargains and stuff which are cheaper than Tesco. It's social and the rooms are bigger. Also it's so much cheaper!

Senghenydd Court is the best location for sure. It's very close to both town and uni. Not the nicest looking halls hence its nickname Senghetto but convenient for things.

All the other student halls I wouldn't bother with or consider. They're not considered the places to be, they're small and aren't known for being social. But if you want advice on any I'll give it. :smile:

If I had to choose a top 3, it'd be:

Talybont South
Talybont Gate
Cartwright Court

Hope this helps! :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by mat325h

Any help? Thanks x

Taly Court or South are the party sites

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending