The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

medic_bex
walkabout is full of rugby boys :p:

Most girls i know love the walkabout... at last someone has seen the light... i hate the place.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
medic_bex
nope, but they have a cheesy pop night, a monthly r&b thing, dance night, gay night etc... walkabout is full of rugby boys :p:

...gay night WTF.... whats with that..........
If you're a nomadic music listener - ie flock like sheep to whatever America pimps over here - then go to Fuse. It's good. If you can listen to/dance to that kinda thing for hours and hours. (KCLsu's licences run a lot later than UCL/Imperial!)

Phase being poo... I blame the DJ.. as I've let the Sites and Services guy at the Student Union know, he is quite awful compared to the groovy guy from last academic year. As a result, I've only phase-d twice, and the second time was on impulse, so doesn't count :P

Waterloo bridge and muggers etc - If you want to be mugged, jump and shout whilst brandishing a shiny new mobile and wearing tons of expensive stuff on Old Kent Road... a good 4 miles from Waterloo! After my first phase night last year, it was so quiet that in our euphoric state, my flat took to playing chicken on the dual carriageway of the bridge... but hopping instead of running! It's quiet. ...and nice and serene, without the chilly wind that you get on some of the more modern bridges. And in case you're wondering why a group of supposedly intelligent, fun flatmates would congregate on the bridge, we were waiting for a bus back to our Apartments. If you're at Stamford Street, you can walk it back from Phase in 15 minutes (allowing for slow sobering-up-style walking!).

If the DJ's still poo when you get to King's get as many people as you can to all send similar templated emails to the then-Sites and Services officer. The voices of 5 people don't seem to be enough at the moment.

Besides, the midnight song of my first phase... Reach!
Yep, S Club 7.

Had just done a show the previous Spring with my former Theatre School where I had Bradley's part, so all the mvoes came in handy :-P

Come to King's, I was put off on the open day but love it 2 years in. Just do it.
feelthesunshine
If If you're at Stamford Street, you can walk it back from Phase in 15 minutes (allowing for slow sobering-up-style walking!).

15 minutes hey... you're really pushing it.

We've walked back to camberwell from phase before.
Reply 24
Prince21
...gay night WTF.... whats with that..........

well... there are these things called gay clubs, right.....
Reply 25
feelthesunshine
Besides, the midnight song of my first phase... Reach!
Yep, S Club 7.

really? mine was chesney hawks... :biggrin:
Reply 26
feelthesunshine

Waterloo bridge and muggers etc - If you want to be mugged, jump and shout whilst brandishing a shiny new mobile and wearing tons of expensive stuff on Old Kent Road... a good 4 miles from Waterloo! After my first phase night last year, it was so quiet that in our euphoric state, my flat took to playing chicken on the dual carriageway of the bridge... but hopping instead of running! It's quiet. ...and nice and serene, without the chilly wind that you get on some of the more modern bridges. And in case you're wondering why a group of supposedly intelligent, fun flatmates would congregate on the bridge, we were waiting for a bus back to our Apartments. If you're at Stamford Street, you can walk it back from Phase in 15 minutes (allowing for slow sobering-up-style walking!).

Cool :smile: Thanks for the reassurance...

What about under the Imax... I was frightened in the middle of the day? Is it notoriously bad?

D xxx
Reply 27
Dreama
Cool :smile: Thanks for the reassurance...

What about under the Imax... I was frightened in the middle of the day? Is it notoriously bad?

D xxx

yeah i was scared under there too! plus it seemed to be the only way to get across the bridge.. x
medic_bex
well... there are these things called gay clubs, right.....

Kingky, less crammed than phase, is a great night out, especially if you're straight, as there's no chance of having annoying people trying to pick you up when you're trying to have fun! And if you think clubs are the best place to solicit intimate rendezvous(plural?) then get a reality check and ask yourself what you really want.

medic_bex
really? mine was chesney hawks... :biggrin:

Me too! I knew the song but couldn't remember it. Found out later from my old childminder's (it was 1991 at the time) daughter that I used to sing the chorus all the time when I was 7. Cute. :smile:

Dreama
Cool Thanks for the reassurance...

I'm cool? I know. I met David Beckham today, of all people! :cool:

Dreama
What about under the Imax

Under the Imax lies lots of foundations to support it. The subway system that you're probably talking about that goes around it isn't pretty.

I've only been down there once, and it's not nice. Whatever direction you're coming from, you don't need to go down there. There's pedestrian crossings on every road off the roundabout and walking across the bridge is easy if you walk on the wide kerb stones by the wall for the first bit (going north) - ie almost in the cycle lane, then you're on the bridge proper and haven't had to go via that smelly place down under. :wink:

Any further Qs, you pretty (and not so pretty) people, just add me on msn. Whilst I will be on more than usual as my exams are finished, I will be organising lots of fun activities and parties for residents at my place, so may not be around too much. Just email if it's urgent and bear in mind I have to generalise on here. Insider knowledge from Bex (Tregunna?) and myself comes when a rapport is created. Do it.
Reply 29
oi! stop tryin to figure out who i am :biggrin:.... i'm not rebecca tregunna :p:
Reply 30
da librarian :P
She isn't. Who cares.

Latest