The Student Room Group

STIs and Smear tests - information and questions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
harley88
ok so i havent had sex..well we tried to but he couldnt quite get in so anyway, i was bleeding but i dont know if this was because i lost my virginity. anyway today i get a letter telling me cos im 20 to go for a smear, do i need to go?

what's the beginning of that post got to do with the question.

you got a letter from your doctor saying you need a smear test, so...go for a smear test.
I went to the GP cus I started to find sex painful and my stomach was really hurting, He suggestedI either get a self-testing kit for chlamydia or visit the GUM clinic..so I got myself the test and it turned out positive:frown::frown:

I'm on a course of antibiotics now to treat it but I am SO ANGRY with my boyfriend as it turns out he was cheating on me with another girl. Do I tell him? I can't bear to talk to him.

Also why don't the doctor's send out letters for tests incase someone has chlamydia? It makes u infertile, surely there should be more interest in this area.:frown:
Reply 382
tell him. tell him you're angry. dump him. tell everyone you know he has the clap. ruin his life.
that ******* bastard :angry:
Anonymous
Do I tell him?

Anonymous
It makes u infertile

Best revenge I have ever heard!
That's sad to hear, but are you sure he is cheating, because he may have had it for a while, and it could've been symptomless for him?
Reply 385
You have to tell him, and I would probably say you wouldn't continue dating him.
Are you sure he's been cheating on you? He could have been infected before you started going out with him.
Reply 387
I'm not sure about the area where you live but there's loads of sex education. They tell you to wear a condom. They show you the horrid pictures of what different STDs do to you. I know that doesn't help you but you really can't blame a lack of sex education.

As for your boyfriend. Go kick him where it hurts.
Divide By Zero
Owned.

This.
Reply 389
if he was cheating but dump him, you don't want infertility etc. on your conscience
Well it's a good thing it can be easily treated. Now go dump that *****!
Anonymous
I went to the GP cus I started to find sex painful and my stomach was really hurting, He suggestedI either get a self-testing kit for chlamydia or visit the GUM clinic..so I got myself the test and it turned out positive:frown::frown:

I'm on a course of antibiotics now to treat it but I am SO ANGRY with my boyfriend as it turns out he was cheating on me with another girl. Do I tell him? I can't bear to talk to him.

Also why don't the doctor's send out letters for tests incase someone has chlamydia? It makes u infertile, surely there should be more interest in this area.:frown:

OMG I always used to find sex painful.. where did you get that self-testing kit from?
Reply 392
Tell him, and dump him. And also tell the girl he's cheated with. As much as you don't want to talk to him, they both need to know. Then finish your antibiotics and try not to dwell on it. Forget about it and him.
:smile:
Anonymous

Don't tell him, tell the girl that he's been cheating on you with. Light the fuse and stand back, as they say. :rofl:

And why do doctors need to send out letters for tests? You can get free chlamydia tests easily enough. In fact, Im always being harrased to take one and I dont want to!
Maxxie
if he was cheating but dump him, you don't want infertility etc. on your conscience

its more likely to cause infertility in woman...so i read.
Anonymous
I

they do...

i work for an NHS primary care trust, and we send them out to 16-25 year olds just to raise more awareness...
On dear... What a bastard!
why are you still going out with him then since he's your 'boyfriend'
You need to tell him
tami*
they do...

i work for an NHS primary care trust, and we send them out to 16-25 year olds just to raise more awareness...

Not to mention that at the big nightclubs, and students unions, there's always somebody walking around offering drunken revellers a piss-test and then they text you the results back. You get a free t-shirt though so its not all bad. :p:

Quick Reply

Latest