The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm five days late, and me and my boyfriend last had sex on the 17th February. (LDR) He doesn't use condoms because my GP told me to take two Norethisterone tablets a day as it's a contraceptive. I never thought much of it and we've been fine for the last six months, but I'm never usually late, I've not had any added stress lately and I can't think of another cause! So I looked it up online and nothing mentions it being a contraceptive anywhere, so now I'm really worried. :frown: I've been having mild cramps and backache like a normal period, and my breasts feel firmer and slightly bigger.

Problem is, I've spoken to my boyfriend about it and he's asked me not to buy a pregnancy test because he thinks it's a waste of time and money. I don't want to take one and find out it's positive because then he'd know I've gone against him. :frown: I don't know what to do. I'm seeing him for a few days this week (the first time since February) and I'd like to take it with him there just in case. I may just be late as he thinks, but I really want to make sure! What should I do?
Reply 781
Anonymous
I'm five days late, and me and my boyfriend last had sex on the 17th February. (LDR) He doesn't use condoms because my GP told me to take two Norethisterone tablets a day as it's a contraceptive. I never thought much of it and we've been fine for the last six months, but I'm never usually late, I've not had any added stress lately and I can't think of another cause! So I looked it up online and nothing mentions it being a contraceptive anywhere, so now I'm really worried. :frown: I've been having mild cramps and backache like a normal period, and my breasts feel firmer and slightly bigger.

Problem is, I've spoken to my boyfriend about it and he's asked me not to buy a pregnancy test because he thinks it's a waste of time and money. I don't want to take one and find out it's positive because then he'd know I've gone against him. :frown: I don't know what to do. I'm seeing him for a few days this week (the first time since February) and I'd like to take it with him there just in case. I may just be late as he thinks, but I really want to make sure! What should I do?

First of all if you want to take a test then take a test its your body so therefore your decision what to do. Maybe speak to a close friend who will supportive and would be able to be there when you did the test? If I was in your situation I would do a test and then go to my local FPC and discuss your contraceptive options. I know in an LDR you need to be completly honest to your partner but at the same time you need to remember that although you love your boyfriend deeply you still need to look after yourself :smile:
Heyaz,

hey i hav not had sex wiv my boyf yet(am a virgin) but my period is due in a week and i hav v sore boobz, more sore than i've had before, i am so scared, cud i b pregnant?
erm you cant be pregnant if youve never had sex...
Reply 784
Pregnant hands down. Go falcon punch yourself.

Ok, seriously. You're a virgin but you're worried you're pregnant....
If you've not had sex you can't be pregnant... Sore boobs are probably just because you're due on.
Reply 786
defo preggers bbz lyke omgz u iz well havin a babie XxX
Reply 787
definately pregnant....

congrats! :smile:

lolz
Reply 788
I had unprotected sex with my bf ( i know how stupid it is)?
he withdrew and I was on the 20th day of my cycle. I took the morning after pill 30 hours later. Should it work?

The dr tried to fit a coil but since I have never given birth apparablty she couldn't do it so I had to take levonelle.

Afterwards I bled for a while and a few hours later I had some (sorry to be disgusting) kind of stringy small clots.

Is this ok?
Reply 789
Uh ohh unprotected sex, the big bad one :P
I'm sure everything is fine, just make sure you take all the necessary tests to make sure!!
Reply 790
That's probably due to the doctor's attempts to insert the coil tbh. If you had conceived it would be far too early for anything like that to happen.

The MAP does decrease in effectiveness after 24 hours, but there's no way you can tell 100% if it worked without taking a test.
Sorry, I know this probably is a stupid question, but I've always been confused what the answer is.

If I'm right, there has to be an egg in the "jelly area" (outside the egg barracks) for the sperm to reach. Right? And I think eggs are only out of the barracks and in the jelly area while a girl is on her period?

Wow I feel stupid. :frown: Thanks.
A girl can get pregnant at any time of her cycle. It's most likely at ovulation (half way between two periods) but can happen at any time.

I'm confused by what you mean by jelly area? :confused:
Meltdown30
A girl can get pregnant at any time of her cycle. It's most likely at ovulation (half way between two periods) but can happen at any time.

I'm confused by what you mean by jelly area? :confused:

Thanks. By jelly area I mean the place the sperm swim up. I figured they couldn't swim up if there was no liquid, so it would be jelly-like?

Gave you +ve rep :smile:

Oops, had to delete and repost cause I wasn't anon...
You can tell what gender Anon is can't you?
Reply 795
Yes, but its pretty unlikely
Anonymous
By jelly area I mean the place the sperm swim up. I figured they couldn't swim up if there was no liquid, so it would be jelly-like

Brilliant. Would this jelly area be next to the ice-cream wall? Behind the syrup muscles?
Reply 797
Yep, a girl can only get pregnant whilst she is on her period, although obviously you can't get pregnant if you have sex standing up. :rolleyes:
Anonymous
Sorry, I know this probably is a stupid question, but I've always been confused what the answer is.

If I'm right, there has to be an egg in the "jelly area" (outside the egg barracks) for the sperm to reach. Right? And I think eggs are only out of the barracks and in the jelly area while a girl is on her period?

Are you serious? Do you not know how reproduction works? A girl has a period because the egg isn't fertilised and therefore doesn't implant in the womb. Just google it.
Reply 799
Anonymous

What's up with you and eggs and jelly?

Seriously, just call it the womb or the uterus.

Latest