The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Hey guys im really worried I haven't had my proper peroos in nearly 2 months now, the only thing close is I just had spotting for about a week.
I went to the walk in clinic and told me there could be a chance but ive took at least3-4 tests which have become negative.
I have some symptoms such as constant making trips to the toilet+feeling sick and stuff. What I thought I experienced was implantation bleeding but im not to sure?
What should I do?
Next step is to go to your GP and tell them exactly what you've just told us - and request a blood test.

The blood test is the most accurate, although with four BFNs - it's unlikely you're pregnant.

Good luck!
This thread isn't updated very often but I just took a pregnancy test and it said 'not pregnant' but it was the second pee of the day and it is the day before my period. The packaging said it would be 98% the day before you are due to start your period. Can someone reassure me on this matter before I get too excited that I am not pregnant?:colondollar:
Likelihood of pregnancy from penetration but no ejaculation?
Last week I slept round my girlfriends and we had sex. I was wearing a condom but I don't know whether it broke or not. She spoke to me at school today and then text me tonight saying that she has took 2 pregnancy tests and they are both positive. She said to me that her period was meant to be yesterday but it didn't happen. Could she be pregnant?
Original post by James2810
Last week I slept round my girlfriends and we had sex. I was wearing a condom but I don't know whether it broke or not. She spoke to me at school today and then text me tonight saying that she has took 2 pregnancy tests and they are both positive. She said to me that her period was meant to be yesterday but it didn't happen. Could she be pregnant?

If she's got 2 positive pregnancy tests then she is basically 100% pregnant. Its pretty much impossible to get one false positive, let alone 2.

Its also most likely that conception happened around 2 weeks ago, not just last week. You would probably also know about it if a condom broke unless it was already broken before you put it on.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1386
On average how long does it take to conceive after stopping contraception? I was on the pill for 4 years, then implant for 10 months then the pill for a month
Original post by iJess
On average how long does it take to conceive after stopping contraception? I was on the pill for 4 years, then implant for 10 months then the pill for a month

there is no average really. Even without having been on contraceptives it can take a long time. Took me 8 months of actively trying before I conceived baby number 2, and I had not previously been on contraceptives.
Alternatively some people come off contraceptives and get pregnant right away.
Good luck x
Reply 1388
Original post by Anonymous
there is no average really. Even without having been on contraceptives it can take a long time. Took me 8 months of actively trying before I conceived baby number 2, and I had not previously been on contraceptives.
Alternatively some people come off contraceptives and get pregnant right away.
Good luck x

Thank you just had no idea how long it will take really. On contraception I used to worry about getting pregnant but now I'm off it and I never really thought it could take years anyway which it could
Original post by iJess

It completely depends on the person. It can take up to 6 months for your cycle to be regular again, but that's just your body regulating itself. It doesn't mean you're not ovulating, it just means you could be ovulating a bit sporadically. I've known of people who have literally got pregnant their first cycle off the pill, I've known of some who its taken months or years for them without having been on hormonal contraception for a good while. My best advice if you're actively trying would be to buy a load of ovulation tests in bulk and use them to know when the best times to have sex with the best chances of conceiving are.
So i had sex a week after starting on the contraceptive pill, is it possible to be pregnant
Original post by vethopefully
So i had sex a week after starting on the contraceptive pill, is it possible to be pregnant

Well no contraceptive is 100% guaranteed to work, so yes it's possible. It's 90-odd percent likely that you're not pregnant though.
oops I didn't mean to post that anonymously
Reply 1393
Fine
Hi, I had unprotected sex about 3 weeks ago (the condom broke which my partner noticed shortly after) and I took the morning after pill about 12 hours later. I had some bleeding about 5 days later and what I assumed to be my period came 2 days early (29th Nov) but was a lot lighter than normal and seems to have stopped now 4 days later. I'm so scared I could be pregnant as this isn't something I am ready for. Any advice?
Reply 1395
Original post by stripeysocks89
Hi, I had unprotected sex about 3 weeks ago (the condom broke which my partner noticed shortly after) and I took the morning after pill about 12 hours later. I had some bleeding about 5 days later and what I assumed to be my period came 2 days early (29th Nov) but was a lot lighter than normal and seems to have stopped now 4 days later. I'm so scared I could be pregnant as this isn't something I am ready for. Any advice?

The MAP does all sorts of crazy stuff to your cycle, so it could just be related to that. Take a test to be sure though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for the reply. I was thinking it might just be the pill (and a ridiculous amount of stressing out) messing up my cycle.
Took a test to check and it was negative! I'm so relieved!
I'm worried I might be pregnant. I missed one pill (loestrin 20) on the 13th December, had unprotected sex on the 14th December but my boyfriend did the pulling out method. I took the pill I missed when I realised I forgot a few hours after sex.

Since then I've been taking my tablets normally and I got my period. It's been a week since I've finished it but I've been having these really bad cramps and a milky white discharge since I finished. I've been reading up about this and I'm worried I might be pregnant. Any advice?
Reply 1399
Original post by Anonymous
I'm worried I might be pregnant. I missed one pill (loestrin 20) on the 13th December, had unprotected sex on the 14th December but my boyfriend did the pulling out method. I took the pill I missed when I realised I forgot a few hours after sex.

Since then I've been taking my tablets normally and I got my period. It's been a week since I've finished it but I've been having these really bad cramps and a milky white discharge since I finished. I've been reading up about this and I'm worried I might be pregnant. Any advice?

Possible, though unlikely. Advice is obvious - take a test!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest