The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm 3 days late, which doesn't sound like much but I'm NEVER late. I've taken 2 tests that were negative but I'm freaking out! Would the tests have shown up positive by now if I was pregnant, or could it still be early enough to get a false negative?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 3 days late, which doesn't sound like much but I'm NEVER late. I've taken 2 tests that were negative but I'm freaking out! Would the tests have shown up positive by now if I was pregnant, or could it still be early enough to get a false negative?

Sometimes cycles can change with no apparent warning or reason. Give it until you're a week late and try not to freak out. Getting stressed could only delay it further.
Grrr why do I do this to myself?

4 weeks after last 'sexual encounter' *anal) and protected the week before, with perhaps unprotected genital rubbing against and eight pregnancy tests a long the way.
7 weeks and 2 days since last definite period (the last might have been implantation ugh! - which apparently only ouccurs in 1/3 woman)

Why am I freaking myself out. Detectable Hcg should be present at least in 98% of women a week after their period.

Am I really likely to be an anomaly in that it would both have to be implantation blood present and no detectable hcg via hpt (assortment of brands)?

I have had sore ribs, cramps, discharge (tmi), bloating and yesterday decided my boobs look bigger and perhaps have some semblance to Montgomery tubercles.

Am I overthinking?/ have weird hormones?/can be rest assured?/ should I go to marie stopes and request an ultrasound?/ am I crazy?/ should I do std check?/
Hopefully my last post here. Used a Clear Blue Easy digital today, 37days after intercourse - 8 weeks 5 days after December period - negative yet I can't let go! I even booked a private ultrasound for tomorrow. Oh dear!
Reply 1424
Hopefully my last post here. Used a Clear Blue Easy digital today, 37days after intercourse - 8 weeks 5 days after December period - negative yet I can't let go! I even booked a private ultrasound for tomorrow. Oh dear!

You are really unlikely to be pregnant.

This is obviously causing you a lot of stress though, so why don't you consider going on some form of hormonal contraception for added peace of mind?
Original post by Helenia
You are really unlikely to be pregnant.

This is obviously causing you a lot of stress though, so why don't you consider going on some form of hormonal contraception for added peace of mind?

I will make an appt for BC after this episode is over. I have an appt in 1hr so scared!
Original post by Helenia

X

I'm sorry to be that exceedingly paranoid person and I know pregnancies aren't done by endometrial lining but mine was 6mm so is that unlikely to have been implanted? I have had negative tests and five weeks surpassed since intercourse . 27-28 day cycles.
Reply 1427
I'm sorry to be that exceedingly paranoid person and I know pregnancies aren't done by endometrial lining but mine was 6mm so is that unlikely to have been implanted? I have had negative tests and five weeks surpassed since intercourse . 27-28 day cycles.

You are not pregnant. You have had a negative test, a period and now an ultrasound showing no pregnancy. I don't know about endometrial thicknesses, but you should be able to see the pregnancy on scan if it is 5 weeks (8 weeks if doing traditional dating from your "last" period even though you have had another one since then). You are not pregnant. Go and see your doctor, get some contraception and have a chat about your anxiety.
Hi,
im more than certain i am pregnant i have taken a test a few months ago and it was positive i havent come on my period since my last one in october, I have obviously thought long and hard but i am almost certain that at this time that an abortion is the best thing for me and my partner (16&17) We both started college in september and this has been a very stressful time with moving house, and family problems and have hoped the test was wrong.

Obviously i am quite young and to be honest very scared about this whole thing, im so worried of disappointing my parents i have not told them and even more worried if they found out what i was planning on doing.

I am unsure of how far i am as the dates and everythings confusing but i took the test in novemeber so how far am i? And am i still able to get an abortion.

Thank you:frown:
Hi,
im more than certain i am pregnant i have taken a test a few months ago and it was positive i havent come on my period since my last one in october, I have obviously thought long and hard but i am almost certain that at this time that an abortion is the best thing for me and my partner (16&17) We both started college in september and this has been a very stressful time with moving house, and family problems and have hoped the test was wrong.

Obviously i am quite young and to be honest very scared about this whole thing, im so worried of disappointing my parents i have not told them and even more worried if they found out what i was planning on doing.

I am unsure of how far i am as the dates and everythings confusing but i took the test in novemeber so how far am i? And am i still able to get an abortion.

You should have gone to the doctor as soon as you got the positive test. It may well be too late now. Do you know the date of your last period? Count the weeks from then to work out roughly how far along you are. An untrasound will shown for sure.

You could be up to 5 months pregnant, and probably too late for abortion, but for gods sake get to a doctor and get checked!!! Your putting your own health and the health of the unborn child at risk by not having regular medical checks for this long.

False positives are virtually impossible.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi,

Retest and see. False pos are rare. Select a red dye test and do a test today. It's not going to make it less pregnant by forgetting about it. Clinics date pregnancy from last period.
Hi - I NEED HELP here.

I think my GF might have had some 'pre-ejaculate' on her fingers and put them in her vagina. Could she realistically get pregnant from this?
Reply 1432
I'm 17 years old and have been sexually active for a while now with my boyfriend of almost 2 years, I'm on the pill and I have been for about a year and a half but this month instead of getting my period in my break week I have only had a very light amount of brown discharge. I did miss a couple of pills this month and I've been reading up about implantation bleeding or whatever so I'm a little worried that there is a small chance I could be pregnant, if anyone else had this or had a similar situation could you please she'd some light as I have no idea what's going on with my body as I'm usually very regular :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sians14
I'm 17 years old and have been sexually active for a while now with my boyfriend of almost 2 years, I'm on the pill and I have been for about a year and a half but this month instead of getting my period in my break week I have only had a very light amount of brown discharge. I did miss a couple of pills this month and I've been reading up about implantation bleeding or whatever so I'm a little worried that there is a small chance I could be pregnant, if anyone else had this or had a similar situation could you please she'd some light as I have no idea what's going on with my body as I'm usually very regular :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly implantation bleeding usually happen 6-12 days after sex and <30%. Take test though. Any other potential factors like stress or hormones or std?
Reply 1434
Firstly implantation bleeding usually happen 6-12 days after sex and <30%. Take test though. Any other potential factors like stress or hormones or std?

I have sex about once or twice a week, yea I might take one in a few days if I still have no period, I've got exams in a few months but I'm not overly stressed about them, no more stress than usual really, no chance of std as I've only been with one guy and that's been for almost 2 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sians14
I have sex about once or twice a week, yea I might take one in a few days if I still have no period, I've got exams in a few months but I'm not overly stressed about them, no more stress than usual really, no chance of std as I've only been with one guy and that's been for almost 2 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck. Sometimes you don't ovulate and the body is strange.
I had protected sex 12 days ago, didn't worry about it until now when my period is late. The date of my last period was on the 1st of April, pretty sure it lasted about a week (really need to start taking note of when it ends but it usually lasts a week). Currently sitting exams and my stress levels are through the roof, but I've never been this late before. I know for sure the condom didn't split (saw it) but I'm worried as before we did the deed during foreplay that precum may have entered me (sorry for graphic detail) as there was some rubbing. After sex there was touching but not much of it, is there still the possibility of cum entering me? Basically, can you get pregnant off precum? I'm so annoyed with myself because I'm usually overly cautious about this and I'm not one of those stupid girls to sleep around, my ex used to get irritated with me I was so cautious about it but this was my first time with this guy and I got caught up in the heat of the moment and just wasn't as careful. Could it be exam stress delaying it also? I've never had this happen before and I am usually regular unless a day or two out. So stressed and worried :frown:
I had protected sex 12 days ago, didn't worry about it until now when my period is late. The date of my last period was on the 1st of April, pretty sure it lasted about a week (really need to start taking note of when it ends but it usually lasts a week). Currently sitting exams and my stress levels are through the roof, but I've never been this late before. I know for sure the condom didn't split (saw it) but I'm worried as before we did the deed during foreplay that precum may have entered me (sorry for graphic detail) as there was some rubbing. After sex there was touching but not much of it, is there still the possibility of cum entering me? Basically, can you get pregnant off precum? I'm so annoyed with myself because I'm usually overly cautious about this and I'm not one of those stupid girls to sleep around, my ex used to get irritated with me I was so cautious about it but this was my first time with this guy and I got caught up in the heat of the moment and just wasn't as careful. Could it be exam stress delaying it also? I've never had this happen before and I am usually regular unless a day or two out. So stressed and worried :frown:

How old are you? And how long have you been having periods?
If you're stressed then that can delay periods. And the more you worry the more it can delay. It happens to everyone. There is a small minute chance of precum containing sperm that can get you pregnant but its a very small chance. If you're that worried wait a couple weeks then take a pregnancy test if it still doesnt appear. But I wouldnt worry too much so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deviant182
How old are you? And how long have you been having periods?
If you're stressed then that can delay periods. And the more you worry the more it can delay. It happens to everyone. There is a small minute chance of precum containing sperm that can get you pregnant but its a very small chance. If you're that worried wait a couple weeks then take a pregnancy test if it still doesnt appear. But I wouldnt worry too much so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 17 and have been having them since I was 13. Would it be pointless to take one this early? I feel like I'm getting some symptoms of my usual PMS, increased appetite, needing the toilet more often, backache etc but no period!! aghhhhh.

It's extremely unlikely. It's probably stress impacting on it. However if you want to help it on it's way drink some ginger tea or eat some emmenagogue foods.

Latest