The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OP- ring your GP, NHS direct or pop to your local pharmacy.

I struggle to see why people will take the risk of advising you on this as unqualified teenagers over the internet!
Reply 21
Spotty Dog
I've had this sort of advice from NHS Direct several times. o.o; "Can I take x with y while I've got ____" and I always get an answer. o.o;
I thought they weren't allowed to say anything that might get them sued.
Reply 22
crazyhelicopter
I struggle to see why people will take the risk of advising you on this as unqualified teenagers over the internet!
Teenagers? :rolleyes:

(Not to mention that a number of H&R contributors are qualified to practice medicine)
Reply 23
:doctor:
Renal
I thought they weren't allowed to say anything that might get them sued.

Hmm.. I've never had any problems!! :p:
Reply 25
crazyhelicopter
OP- ring your GP, NHS direct or pop to your local pharmacy.

OP: bottom line, Amoxicillin has very little known drug interactions. I'd be comfortable saying that it's safe to take a sleeping aid alongside with it. But I'd still leave the final word up to your GP.
I don't get why people ask these type of questions on TSR, they should just seek advice from a medical doctor straight away. They may be qualified doctors on the forum but there's no way of proving it, someone could give you potentially harmful advice.
Reply 27
Agreed, they should close down H&R.

(But yes, it is possible to prove who's a doctor and who's not, in a roundabout way, using something that proves it like DNUK)
Reply 28
Renal

(Not to mention that a number of H&R contributors are qualified to practice medicine)

whoes that??
You could always buy some Nightol/Night Nurse from the pharmacy.
Reply 30
Renal

Im Guessing Renal is one of said persons:yep:
Reply 31
Puge Henis
whoes that??
The three or four doctors who use the forum.
Reply 32
Gaylei
Im Guessing Renal is one of said persons:yep:
Nope, Renal qualifies in 10 months, but is insured to practice up to the level he's at.
Reply 33
Renal
The three or four doctors who use the forum.

are you a doctor? what kind? are you fit?

only one doctor I know is fit and hes married all the rest are old!

lol am I babbling?

I just open my mouth and words come falling out!! :rolleyes:
Gaylei
are you a doctor? No he qualifies in 10 months

what kind? wants to do anaesthetics

are you fit? Yes very :yep: , won Mr UK 10 years running

Why you interested?:biggrin:
Reply 35
Renal
Either way, a severe chest infection would not be on amoxycillin.

By severe I mean raspy, wheezy breathing, painful chest and throat from the amount of coughing I have done and the layers of mucus covering my lungs. And the fact this has prevented me from sleeping for nearly 3 days now.
Antonia87
I am suffering from a severe chest infection which has resulted in several sleepless, coughing, spluttering nights. I went to my doctor today who prescribed me antibiotics but I stupidly forgot to ask her if I could take a sleeping pill (or maybe even just some night nurse) before I went to bed. Is it a bit too risky?

does heath ledger ring a bell??:confused:
Reply 37
Antonia87
By severe I mean raspy, wheezy breathing, painful chest and throat from the amount of coughing I have done and the layers of mucus covering my lungs. And the fact this has prevented me from sleeping for nearly 3 days now.
Sounds like a chest infection to me, let me know when you desaturate.
Reply 38
Scipio_Africanus
does heath ledger ring a bell??:confused:

Thats a bit daft. Heath Ledger had scores of prescribed and non-prescribed drugs ALL of which he overdosed on. He was going through bottles of the stuff, quite literally. I doubt ONE sleeping pill will kill me.
Reply 39
Renal
Sounds like a chest infection to me, let me know when you desaturate.

Do you not get beaten to death by pathologists any time you say anyone has a "chest infection?" :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending