University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

AAA should also be good, aswell as the freshers fair...free food :biggrin:
University of York
York
Reply 41
Ygraine
Hmmmm, I'm debating whether to do the whole freshers' thing or not as it's not my first time round. It might make me feel old and disillusioned, hehe. Hopefully there will be some postgrad things going on

I think we'd all love it if you came and would try not to make you feel old and disillusioned. :p:
Reply 42
Solya
I think we'd all love it if you came and would try not to make you feel old and disillusioned. :p:

*Brandishes walking stick* I think I will make an effort to trek in from the city and meet new people. I won't be there on Monday night though as I'm back down in London seeing Queen. I had no idea York started so late when I booked
Reply 43
Solya
Will I be missing out on a lot if I don't go to Freshers Ball? It's kind of expensive and definitely not the music I like:s-smilie:

Same. I would prefer to get to know people in a less formal place as well. seems very weird to have a ball when you don't even know anyone.

At the same time, I don't want to be standing around doing nothing while everyone else is at it though...:cool:
Reply 44
Teofilo
Same. I would prefer to get to know people in a less formal place as well. seems very weird to have a ball when you don't even know anyone.

At the same time, I don't want to be standing around doing nothing while everyone else is at it though...:cool:

Someone said that about 1000 peope go, right? And there are much more freshers, and those must be doing something else too :smile: in any case there will be many who don't go, maybe we should try to organize something? :smile:
Reply 45
1,000 people attend the ball, and the uni's population is 8,000 -- that's at least 2,000 people per year group. Go figure. :wink:
Reply 46
Dez
1,000 people attend the ball, and the uni's population is 8,000 -- that's at least 2,000 people per year group. Go figure. :wink:

That means I won't feel like a loser next to all those who did go in the end. :smile:
Reply 47
Happens every year... the uni gets split into two groups "those who went" and "those who didnt"... god forbid if your in the second group :wink:
Reply 48
cullmac
Happens every year... the uni gets split into two groups "those who went" and "those who didnt"... god forbid if your in the second group :wink:

Uh...what happens to those? Public beheading or someting like that? :smile:
They get thrown in the lake. A much much worse punishment IMO.
Reply 50
Sounds like fun, haven't been at the seaside this summer anyway. :smile:
I think I'm going to give the Freshers Ball a miss and get a ticket to see the Stranglers in Leeds instead. Ohhhh yes.
Reply 52
It's all about slag and drag. Hilarious last year, the best event of my freshers week (apart from the 2 carrier bags of free condoms from freshers fair of course :p:).
Reply 53
Where do we find our move-in dates? I can't find them anywhere on the web. I guess it depends on which college you get put in? I can imagine it'd be a bit chaotic if a thousand people moved in on the same day.
Reply 54
MaxB
Where do we find our move-in dates? I can't find them anywhere on the web. I guess it depends on which college you get put in? I can imagine it'd be a bit chaotic if a thousand people moved in on the same day.

It was in the accom pack... Oct 11 for St Lawrence court, Goodricke and Alcuin, and Oct 12 for everyone else.
Reply 55
You'll be told when to move in once you receive your address/college info. Usually half will arrive on the Saturday, the rest on Sunday. They're not usually fussed if you come on the wrong day though, obviously not everyone can always make a specific day.
Reply 56
Dez
They're not usually fussed if you come on the wrong day though, obviously not everyone can always make a specific day.

Do we need to write them an email if we're gonna arrive on the wrong day or we just turn up? I couldn't wait any longer to book plane tickets...
Reply 57
No, just turn up. It's really not a problem, only reason they stagger the arrivals is to ease traffic, a few late/early arrivals won't make any odds.
Reply 58
not sure il be freshersball-ing.......doesnt seem to make sense having it on the 1st night...least if it was at the end of the week i could go with my flatmates...but i do love my suit lol, think il see if theres any good gigs on b4 i decide
Reply 59
Solya
Someone said that about 1000 peope go, right? And there are much more freshers, and those must be doing something else too :smile: in any case there will be many who don't go, maybe we should try to organize something? :smile:

Sounds good, Solya.

Given that I've never been to York in my life, I'm probably not the one you'd want to be organizing it though!

I'm still debating whether or not to bring a suit for the freshers ball.....

Latest

Trending

Trending