The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Clearing question

Hi,
Just a bit of a story, I got my results last Thursday and they were really bad. This in turn got me chucked off both my firm and insurance choices. I got a place via York in clearing and they have just accepted my application and it's being displayed as confirmed on Track. However, with the CAGs now being used instead, I can actually make it to my Insurance choice as I now have the grades which is where I would prefer to go.

Can I reject my clearing offer from York when I get news about my place at my insurance (who knows when that might be) within the month? Or am I fixed with York now. Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
Just a bit of a story, I got my results last Thursday and they were really bad. This in turn got me chucked off both my firm and insurance choices. I got a place via York in clearing and they have just accepted my application and it's being displayed as confirmed on Track. However, with the CAGs now being used instead, I can actually make it to my Insurance choice as I now have the grades which is where I would prefer to go.

Can I reject my clearing offer from York when I get news about my place at my insurance (who knows when that might be) within the month? Or am I fixed with York now. Thanks.

yes you can reject the clearing off once you hear from your insurance.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
yes you can reject the clearing off once you hear from your insurance.

Ok cool. So I've not been fully committed to the course yet right? And is there like a deadline or anything I need to be aware off?
Ok cool. So I've not been fully committed to the course yet right? And is there like a deadline or anything I need to be aware off?

you need to check what the situation with accommodation is
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
you need to check what the situation with accommodation is

Alright, but as of now and until I get some news from my insurance (and potentially my firm), not responding or doing anything to York seems fine right?
Alright, but as of now and until I get some news from my insurance (and potentially my firm), not responding or doing anything to York seems fine right?

yes hold fire for a few days

Quick Reply

Latest