The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York clearing accommodation

Hi there,
I went through clearing to go to York & applied for accommodation over a week ago and still haven’t heard back.
The staff have just said I basically need to wait but I was wondering what my chances actually are of getting housed on campus (I clearly won’t be high up their priority list).
I’m trying to organise bank accounts/ finance etc but this is difficult as I don’t know how much i’ll spend on housing yet or even if I will need to find private accommodation (and term starts soon!)
Anyone who has some information or advice would be much appreciated:smile:
Hi all
I'm interested in swapping a Band 3 Ensuite Catered room in James College, for a Band 4 Ensuite or Shared room in Langwith College.

Please message me if interested.
Thanks
Dan
University of York
York
Reply 2
I have a band 3 self-catered in Halifax and looking to swap for any self-catered in Vanbrugh, Derwent or Alucin.

My Swap Offer:
Bedroom Type - Band 3 Self-Catered Shared Bathroom
Let Length - 40 weeks
College - Halifax College
Weekly cost - £140 per week
Total Costs £5,600 40 week contract

More about Halifax College https://www.york.ac.uk/study/accommodation/rooms-prices/halifax/
Original post by Liliandefleur
Hi there,
I went through clearing to go to York & applied for accommodation over a week ago and still haven’t heard back.
The staff have just said I basically need to wait but I was wondering what my chances actually are of getting housed on campus (I clearly won’t be high up their priority list).
I’m trying to organise bank accounts/ finance etc but this is difficult as I don’t know how much i’ll spend on housing yet or even if I will need to find private accommodation (and term starts soon!)
Anyone who has some information or advice would be much appreciated:smile:

I would say apply for bank accounts/ finance ASAP, if you are worried about where you will live just put in your home address until further notice- that way you will still get your finance on time and will be able to pay rent and such :smile:
As for accommodation, clearing students are obviously past the guaranteed accommodation deadline but the uni will be trying to house every fresher who comes in. You should definitely hear back in the next couple of weeks.
Have you been allocated a college yet? If so, you may be able to contact your college and see what they say :hugs:
@University of York do you have anything to build on this?
Best of luck! :woo:
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi all
I'm interested in swapping a Band 3 Ensuite Catered room in James College, for a Band 4 Ensuite or Shared room in Langwith College.

Please message me if interested.
Thanks
Dan

Quick Reply

Latest