The Student Room Group

Has anyone else gone through this?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So today I was sitting at a table by myself. Some students (a group of boys in my class) have gone to the other side of the class all sitting with each other, however, there was not enough space for all of them in the tables.
Then my teacher then tells one of the boys to sit next to me and then the whole group of boys laugh and humiliate the boy that about to sit next to me. The boy then was giving me a disgusted look.
The boy then argues with the teacher as he does not want sit next to me. He is happy to sit next to anyone else in the class but does not specifically want to sit next to me as I'm quite unpopular, and have been the victim of fake rumours in the past.

This is not the first time this has happened; it has happened many times before, and it hurts. It really hard talking to these people when you know that they regard you as someone who is sh**.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? What advice can you give me?
Original post by Anonymous
So today I was sitting at a table by myself. Some students (a group of boys in my class) have gone to the other side of the class all sitting with each other, however, there was not enough space for all of them in the tables.
Then my teacher then tells one of the boys to sit next to me and then the whole group of boys laugh and humiliate the boy that about to sit next to me. The boy then was giving me a disgusted look.
The boy then argues with the teacher as he does not want sit next to me. He is happy to sit next to anyone else in the class but does not specifically want to sit next to me as I'm quite unpopular, and have been the victim of fake rumours in the past.

This is not the first time this has happened; it has happened many times before, and it hurts. It really hard talking to these people when you know that they regard you as someone who is sh**.

:frown:
First of all I want to say stay strong okay? Don't let anyone make you feel down I get how you are feeling okay!
I was bullied when I was in Year 7 because I was over weight at the time.. And I lived through hell because of it. HOWEVER, I am going to give you the advice that I never got for a situation like this:

1) Next time anyone ever gives you a 'disgusted look' tell them straight in front of everyone 'Why are you giving me a disgusted look have I done something to offend you?' the person with that face will become flustered and speechless and will not be able to say anything I guarantee you that. They will then feel embarassed that they did something like that.
2) If anyone is bullying you or constantly grieving you make sure to tell someone I told my Teacher and Parents too late when the damage was dealt already to my feelings... Make sure you never keep anything in I am proud to see the first step you took was coming on The Student Room to gain advice fair play to that!
3) You said you're unpopular? Excuse me? If you want to be popular you can be popular if you do not want to be you do not have to be what does popularlity mean to anyone? NOTHING. You are going to move on with your life in the future and get a chance to meet new people new friends who are going to be there for you even after the day you get married if that is something you want I do not know :biggrin: but I promise you things will get better. Screw popularity. Listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmcdLOjGVzw&ab_channel=MIKAVEVO popularity does not mean anything you're going to shine in the future trust me!
4) As for the rumours, if any of those rumours are very serious and causing you to grieve over tell a Teacher to make it clear to the Class that it is only a rumour and not true. I do not know which year you are in at your School/College but no one would want any stupid rumours to go around and last for years to come.
5) You're perfect don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Okay?

Message me if they continue and I will give you further advice or just hear you out if you want to talk.
Good luck & Best Wishes!
Reply 2

Hi, I'm really sorry you went through this, unfortunately they sound incredibly immature, and being boys they probably were showing off more and making a big deal out of moving tables purely because they were going to be the odd one out and they wouldn't get to sit with their mates..

A few options: ignore them and just carry on doing what your doing.
Find out who spread the rumours and speak to them personally to put an end to it.
Speak to the boy one on one and let him know that he made you feel crap and you don't appreciate it.
Speak to the teacher and just let her know what's going on and that in the future you would rather be left out of it or for her to not let them make a big deal out of it.

Hopefully you don't have long left in that school, and when you can get away I promise it will get easier! High school wasnt the best for me but now I can barely remember it and I'm enjoying uni way more then school! I wish you the best!
Reply 3
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
:frown:
First of all I want to say stay strong okay? Don't let anyone make you feel down I get how you are feeling okay!
I was bullied when I was in Year 7 because I was over weight at the time.. And I lived through hell because of it. HOWEVER, I am going to give you the advice that I never got for a situation like this:

1) Next time anyone ever gives you a 'disgusted look' tell them straight in front of everyone 'Why are you giving me a disgusted look have I done something to offend you?' the person with that face will become flustered and speechless and will not be able to say anything I guarantee you that. They will then feel embarassed that they did something like that.
2) If anyone is bullying you or constantly grieving you make sure to tell someone I told my Teacher and Parents too late when the damage was dealt already to my feelings... Make sure you never keep anything in I am proud to see the first step you took was coming on The Student Room to gain advice fair play to that!
3) You said you're unpopular? Excuse me? If you want to be popular you can be popular if you do not want to be you do not have to be what does popularlity mean to anyone? NOTHING. You are going to move on with your life in the future and get a chance to meet new people new friends who are going to be there for you even after the day you get married if that is something you want I do not know :biggrin: but I promise you things will get better. Screw popularity. Listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmcdLOjGVzw&ab_channel=MIKAVEVO popularity does not mean anything you're going to shine in the future trust me!
4) As for the rumours, if any of those rumours are very serious and causing you to grieve over tell a Teacher to make it clear to the Class that it is only a rumour and not true. I do not know which year you are in at your School/College but no one would want any stupid rumours to go around and last for years to come.
5) You're perfect don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Okay?

Good luck & Best Wishes!

Omg thank you!!!! You are so nice xxx

I really needed to hear this because nowadays I just feel so sad, and it seems no one cares. :cry:
I tried telling my teachers but they don't care or do anything about it. I just want to move schools because nearly all my year are horrible people, but I can't. :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Abzzz57
Hi, I'm really sorry you went through this, unfortunately they sound incredibly immature, and being boys they probably were showing off more and making a big deal out of moving tables purely because they were going to be the odd one out and they wouldn't get to sit with their mates..

A few options: ignore them and just carry on doing what your doing.
Find out who spread the rumours and speak to them personally to put an end to it.
Speak to the boy one on one and let him know that he made you feel crap and you don't appreciate it.
Speak to the teacher and just let her know what's going on and that in the future you would rather be left out of it or for her to not let them make a big deal out of it.

Hopefully you don't have long left in that school, and when you can get away I promise it will get easier! High school wasnt the best for me but now I can barely remember it and I'm enjoying uni way more then school! I wish you the best!

Thank youuuu :h:
This used to happen to me at university. Unfortunately some people are always gonna be *******s.
Reply 6
Original post by Sabertooth
This used to happen to me at university. Unfortunately some people are always gonna be *******s.

Really? this also happens in uni too? :eek:
I thought people would be much nicer at uni...............
What does the rumours say exactly?
the way i'd see it is. i'm too elite of a person they have to waste attention on me. simple
Really? this also happens in uni too? :eek:
I thought people would be much nicer at uni...............

Why? You really think people get nicer in the 3 months between leaving school and starting uni? :no:
Original post by HotaruWalkthr
What does the rumours say exactly?

I'd rather keep that information private :sadnod:
Original post by clin.edpsych
the way i'd see it is. i'm too elite of a person they have to waste attention on me. simple

This made me feel much better. 😂
Thank you xx
This made me feel much better. 😂
Thank you xx

seriously, make your mindset like that. who cares if you might feel arrogant(although 2 much is a lil bad) but it keeps you going. gl!
Original post by Sabertooth
Why? You really think people get nicer in the 3 months between leaving school and starting uni? :no:

True. I guess there are toxic people nearly everywhere. :sadnod:
How did you feel when this had happened to you?
True. I guess there are toxic people nearly everywhere. :sadnod:
How did you feel when this had happened to you?

It happened in most of my classes and made me feel like utter ****. I remember wandering around the woods on several nights with a rope in my bag looking for the right tree. I chickened out.
Reply 15
I know exactly what you’re talking about. I was literally you 2 years ago. My advice is to try and fond new non-school outlets, I got into some webtoon communities on discord and started talking to people outside school. Branching your social circle can be really awkward and scary at first but it helps. Another recommendation is to embrace it, people can’t make fun of you if you do it first. If a kid gets forced to sit next to you, kick up the fuss first but be careful to not be to condescending. My main advice is try to push through it, the less you care and the more you vent (even just online), the freer you feel. It gets easier to ignore them, trust me. If you want to chat anymore, I’m here with an ear.
This happened to me at school too. I think because I was quiet (in fact, the only people I spoke to were my 5 close friends!), everyone else probably hated/disliked me because I seemed rude/boring. Most boys would refuse to sit next to me, but sometimes girls would too. Also, because I was so quiet and a goody-two-shoes, the teacher would ALWAYS pair me up with the naughtiest kid in the class, in an attempt to make them behave. It never worked :rofl:.
My advice would be to tell the teacher how this makes you feel and that you'd prefer him/her to not make certain people sit next to you because it's humiliating.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending