The Student Room Group

Is anyone else annoyed about being second-best?

I feel insulted every day. Throughout my time in high school I've always been a high-achieving student, frequently coming top of the class in mid-term assessments, and during A-levels, it only became more competitive. I credit my success to not only being naturally intelligent and having a head for mathematics, but also due to hard work. Yet there has always been this one boy, who is one of the cleverest people I've ever met, and gets outstanding results, but has an absolutely horrific attitude to school. He never does his homework, is always late, doesn't take notes in class, and I still manage to rank 2nd after him in my further mathematics class. He looks upon people how aren't as naturally intelligent to him with spite and disrespect. Just the knowledge that I'm always going to be second best to this genius but terrible-attitude student feels like an insult upon me every day. Is anyone else in a similar situation to this? I would love to hear people's opinions. Thanks :smile:
First the worst, second the best.
l have never been 2nd best l am the best of the crop
Reply 3
Original post by Scottishlad888
l have never been 2nd best l am the best of the crop

I expected responses to be helpful
Original post by Anonymous
I expected Does mine not help at to be helpful

Does mine not help at all l just said l am the best
No matter how good you are, no matter what you do, there will always be someone you think is better.

You could be Albert Einstein, untouchable in physics, and be still jealous of someone with more money, fame, happiness, etc.
You could be Usain Bolt, untouchable in the 100m sprint, and still jealous of someone with a better partner, better family, better life, etc.

You will never be the best, it doesn't exist. Accept that, do as well as you can, and live happy.
I'm usually more worried about trying to be second worse.
Reply 7
Original post by DarthRoar
No matter how good you are, no matter what you do, there will always be someone you think is better.

You could be Albert Einstein, untouchable in physics, and be still jealous of someone with more money, fame, happiness, etc.
You could be Usain Bolt, untouchable in the 100m sprint, and still jealous of someone with a better partner, better family, better life, etc.

You will never be the best, it doesn't exist. Accept that, do as well as you can, and live happy.

Thankyou man :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending