The Student Room Group

I'm not sure whether or not to apply

I got EEU at AS because last year it really wasn't my style to work. So anyway, learnt my lesson and everything, and I have my heart set on going to Leeds Trinity in September 09.

And I've already been revising for my resits, going over everything and I'm literally going to devote all my spare minutes of next year to doing college work, I think it shows how dedicated I am that I've been working already and I'm not even back yet.

So, do you think I have a chance? I need 240 UCAS points.

danielle xxxx
Reply 1
resit the whole year
Reply 2
240? for leeds trinity?? damn
Reply 3
i was thinking of resitting but then i just didn't, and it's too late now and i'm terrified.

and yeah, it's 240, ive got the prospectus right here
Reply 4
just apply, and if you don't get in just apply next year
As long as you can get 240 points you have a chance of getting in.
Reply 6
I'm sure even if you don't manage the full 240, they still may make you an offer, they seem quite lenient on that, or just ring them up to confirm - tell them your situation and they may make you an offer that's a little more reasonable assuming your situation :smile:
I was in a similar position in my first year. I had DUU, bad subject choices. I didn't apply for uni, and decided to stay in college for a third year. This time around, my results have improved. Second year good, third year better.

CDD would probably be attainable for you, if you do well at A2.
I currently have an E at A2, and a C and D at AS, plus another AS level coming up for this year. Not top grades, but not bad either, and the A2s I'm taking can be improved by one grade at least. 240 is pretty reasonable, but the uni I want will probably offer at about 260. Apparently, some unis will be more generous if the course isn't in very high demand, and some offer low requirement foundation years which lead on to the standard course. Not bad... good luck with your application.
Have you considered taking a gap year after you get your A Levels, and that way you can apply to uni with your grades already achieved? Just if you're pretty sure you're going to end up with considerably better grades than EEU, might be worth waiting.

Or, just apply and get your referee to explain why your grades arent as good as you have the potential to get, worth a shot right? Up to you, I'd personally rather wait than be rejected this year and knock my confidence, but then again I'd not want to wait a year for uni.. so.. basically I don't know.
You may as well apply to be honest. If you don't get the 240 points then you can always take a gap year and reapply.
You have asbolutely nothing to lose!

If you have predicted grades that add up to 240 points, then you have a good chance of getting an offer.
However, if your predicted grades are EEU then you are probably best of waiting and going for it when you have already taken your exams for 2010 entry.
240 is CCC so it shouhld be easy enough
Reply 11
thanks very much everyone, it's cheered me right up! i've decided to work proper hard this year, and i'm going to apply in september xxxxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending