The Student Room Group

Do i have to put my bad grades for now?

basically i had some pretty ****ty exam results, and the two grades that i was expected to get Bs in, i actually got Ds in. now i'm resitting some modules, but since i'm wanting to do one of these subjects at uni, i know i'm probably going to get rejected as soon as they see U next to one of my modules.
since i'm resitting these modules in January and April, is it possible just to put 'pending' and hope that i get a conditional...or will they find out that i have got my results? or should i just put the module marks anyway in the hope that my PS/references makes a good impression?
You don't have to declare module grades. However, you do have to declare the overall grade if the subject is certificated at AS.
Reply 2
do you think it'd be in my advantage then to leave it blank...but then isn't this the sign that i did crap?
I'd leave them out.
Reply 4
and what about uni choices. on the choices section, will the uni be able to see my choice?
No university can see your choices of courses at other universities.
Reply 6
so for example, i've just put newcastle as one of my choices, will newcastle now get notified of this?
Not until your application has been submitted after your school enters its reference, and the entry fee has been paid (either by you or the school).
Reply 8
thank you :biggrin:
Reply 9
i put pending for all of my units last year. my pt mentioned some of the good results like maths/physics in reference. good luck with u a2 year!
I have a U and a D in my GCSE grades. I have to put them in :frown: The U isn't even my fault, I had an abscess and couldn't go to my exams :frown:

Hopefully the other grades will sort of offset it and I won't be disadvantaged to people who got like a B as their lowest mark. Right? :frown:
You don't need to declare the U as it is not certificated and only certificated grades can be declared.
SpiritedAway
thank you :biggrin:

You are welcome. :smile:
Oh. My tutor said I had to. I'll take it off then. Yay!
Ooops. Double post. No idea how that happened, for a minute before it looked as if it had posted about twelve times. Fer fer.
Reply 15
so can you not get a conditional offer bacause of bad grades? i thought wat u got at the end of a2 is what really counted? please reply im waaay confused
I'd put 'pending' if it were me, since technically that is true. Plus, you might not be able to change it later, I dont know :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending