The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh, and if you're worried about how you did in GCSEs- don't apply to Birmingham. :biggrin:
diamonddust
:rofl:
I almost burst into tears of anger in my maths exam because my glasses weren't working and I couldn't read the digits on the calculator... good times!
What unis did you apply to?
received offers from manchester, liverpool and UCL/rums.
Reply 42
Know someone who got 6 A's at GCSE and ABBB at AS and got an offer from UCL, grades aren't everything.
diamonddust

Imperial :love:
Wow! I'd love to go to Imperial...

Imperial is a pile of crap. No joke. I go there.
Jesus, my GCSE grades are absouletely rubbish compared to everybody on here... but I'm still confident I can get in with A*A*AAABBCCC
cchilstonev1
Jesus, my GCSE grades are absouletely rubbish compared to everybody on here... but I'm still confident I can get in with A*A*AAABBCCC

We got almost identical GCSE grades... expect I got one more B.
How did you do at AS level?
What med schools did you apply for?
Sorry for all the questions lol
diamonddust
We got almost identical GCSE grades... expect I got one more B.
How did you do at AS level?
What med schools did you apply for?
Sorry for all the questions lol

I got AAAB in AS and applied to Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester and Edinburgh, I got rejected four times. I got AAAB in A2 and a B in general studies and I'm applying to Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and Liverpool.
Hope that helps.
cchilstonev1
I got AAAB in AS and applied to Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester and Edinburgh, I got rejected four times. I got AAAB in A2 and a B in general studies and I'm applying to Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and Liverpool.
Hope that helps.

Yeah it does! Thanks! and good luck with your application! :biggrin:
You too, cheers pal.
Reply 49
gcses 6A*s 2As 1B
a-levels AAAa

(prolly lowest grades on this forum)

2 interviews, 2 offers, accepted sgul
Reply 50
9A*s 2As, AAABBb (strongly advise people against taking too many a-levels, there is no point. much better to just get AAAa).

4 interviews, three offers
8A*s, 2As, B.

AAAAB (AS)
AAA (A)

3 Offers. 1 Rejection after a botched interview.

Going into 2nd year in Birmingham and absolutely loving it.
Reply 52
1A 7B's and a C, but do I care? No.

I'll just have to keep using my extenuating circumstances "card".
Reply 53
2A*8A
AAAa
3 interviews, 4 rejections,but i did get in on results day
Reply 54
cchilstonev1
Hope that helps.

oh so your applying next year around to med again? i wish you so much like with that, if you get in your my idol :smile:)))

I got similar GCSE grades to you too and I'm wanting to do medicine but everyone keeps telling me i wont make it and to choose another career....do you think that your gcse grades held you back slightly? even though yours are great and i was happy with mine i realize for medicine there's so much competition maybe the schools don't see them as so great after all or not the best anyway. :frown: i dont want to let it stop me though im just scared that all the hard work i do at a lvl and all the experience i get will just lead to nothing...what do you think and what keeps you going even after 4 rejections?
hey guys i got 4 A*s and 6 B's lol ive got rubbish grades! haha
anyways im doing biology chemistry maths and physics for a levels
so i got my work cut out for me!!!!!!!
i wanna study medicine badly loool
Jinxy
oh so your applying next year around to med again? i wish you so much like with that, if you get in your my idol :smile:)))

I got similar GCSE grades to you too and I'm wanting to do medicine but everyone keeps telling me i wont make it and to choose another career....do you think that your gcse grades held you back slightly? even though yours are great and i was happy with mine i realize for medicine there's so much competition maybe the schools don't see them as so great after all or not the best anyway. :frown: i dont want to let it stop me though im just scared that all the hard work i do at a lvl and all the experience i get will just lead to nothing...what do you think and what keeps you going even after 4 rejections?

Yeah, I'm applying again this year I've pretty much finished my UCAS form now. My GCSE's do hold me back slightly but I'm applying to places which have lower GCSE requirements and I think I have a fairly good chance of getting in this year... I got four rejections BEFORE interview, that was awful but I just thought I might as well give it another go, it's all I want to do and a gap year won't be that bad... I say go for it! As long as you have GCSE's along the same lines as mine or better then you still have a chance. I think the main factor in my rejections was that I had no experience. I mean none at all! Get some of that done in several areas and you will be alright as long as you put the work in for your A levels. Good luck!
5A* 4A 1B @ GCSE
5A @ GCE A level
1st year at trinity college dublin

just work hard, its really all A level requires; there is no "super cleverness" involved with subjects like biology, i garentee u if u memorise the whole biology text book u'll get 90% or over in ur exam. Chemistry does requires a little bit of thinking but... not really that much. determination is the word u should focus on :smile:

good luck!
Reply 58
ozd
3 interviews, 4 rejections

This is what I'm more worried about...interviews :eek3: I suck at talking...=/
Reply 59
cchilstonev1
Yeah, I'm applying again this year I've pretty much finished my UCAS form now. My GCSE's do hold me back slightly but I'm applying to places which have lower GCSE requirements and I think I have a fairly good chance of getting in this year... I got four rejections BEFORE interview, that was awful but I just thought I might as well give it another go, it's all I want to do and a gap year won't be that bad... I say go for it! As long as you have GCSE's along the same lines as mine or better then you still have a chance. I think the main factor in my rejections was that I had no experience. I mean none at all! Get some of that done in several areas and you will be alright as long as you put the work in for your A levels. Good luck!

thanks a lot, may i ask what unis you choose to apply to for med? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending