The Student Room Group
I only took 7 subjects, maybe thats the IGCSE norm? anyway... I got the following
Afrikaans 2nd : A
English 1st: A*
Math: A*
Physical Science: A*
History: A*
Computer Studies:A
Accounting: A
Reply 2
I only did Maths IGCSE and I got a C.
Apparently the average student who did GCSEs this past year only took 8 GCSEs. :p:
Reply 4
I took 10 IGCSEs- though that was pretty much the most you could take in our school, if you didn't take Music. Most people took around 7-8. Managed to get 9A*s and a C in French (took Core since I'd only had it for a year). My results turned out far, far better than I expected :smile:
Reply 5
inksplodge
Apparently the average student who did GCSEs this past year only took 8 GCSEs. :p:

That's pretty low, but only compared to TSR standards xD

I guess if you add in the lower class areas, people won't be taking as many GCSEs there...

Out of curiosity, do you know if this statistic includes students who anticipated exams (took it a year early), making it seem as if they only took a single GCSE?
Reply 6
CocoPop
Hi all,

I'm curious to know how people did in their IGCSEs. Most people posted their results in the GCSE results page, but I think it's good to have a separate topic, so that we can perhaps compare IGCSE to GCSE results... For some reason, the general trend shows that people haven't done as well in their IGCSEs as they have in GCSEs, and they've also taken much fewer exams. Most people who took IGCSEs took 7-8, whereas people who took GCSEs took 9-14...

maths IGCSE a year early. A*
double science IGCSE. A*A*
CocoPop
That's pretty low, but only compared to TSR standards xD

I guess if you add in the lower class areas, people won't be taking as many GCSEs there...

Out of curiosity, do you know if this statistic includes students who anticipated exams (took it a year early), making it seem as if they only took a single GCSE?

I have no idea! It could be. My area was certainly a lower-class area and in my school we did 10 GCSEs so eh :p:
Reply 8
did IGCSE maths and physics and got As in both.
I only took IGCSE Maths and I got an A.

I was glad we did it though because the course contained a lot of basic info that helps the A level course (e.g. differentiation) so now that I'm doing A level Maths, I'm finding some topics are easier because we did IGCSE Maths :smile:
IGCSE Maths - A
IGCSE Double Science - BB
IGCSE Art - C (which im soo pissed)
Reply 11
i didn't take igcse, i just did normal gcse
I took 7 IGCSEs.
1st language english A*
1st language spanish A*
english lit A*
biology A*
math A
history A