The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh Vet Med Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

For everyone worrying about the commute as a Edinburgh vet student I can tell you it’s really not that bad mines about 20mins to the vet school and it gives me a chance to catch up with my friends before classes start.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 41
Trying to decide between self catered and catered.. was going to go for catered but seen the warning thing they put on the accommodation application about the different term dates - does anyone know if vet students do go catered despite this?
Original post by HB288
Trying to decide between self catered and catered.. was going to go for catered but seen the warning thing they put on the accommodation application about the different term dates - does anyone know if vet students do go catered despite this?

I figured it out when making the same decision and it’s only about 3 separate weeks (maybe one in each term?) that you don’t get catering so it’s not as bad as the warning makes it out to be. Despite this, I still chose self catered because I don’t want to be forced to go back to my accommodation to not miss meal times when I might want to stay for longer at Easter Bush. But that’s just my personal opinion! I think plenty of vets do go catered at pollock so you wouldn’t be alone at all and location-wise pollock is close to some other self-catered so you’d be on the bus with those vets the whole journey of you did go for pollock. Hope I helped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending