The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
yanyanyan
Everyone seems to be on a package gap year or doing Teaching or .. etc
Am I the only one who's going to just head for travelling and exploring the places?
Sure I would love to teach, .. but I'm not confident enough :p:

I'm hoping to do a bit of a mix. Working at the moment but then going travelling for 5-6 months then hoping to work abroad.
May - October: Vancouver (I've applied for a working holiday visa with BUNAC)
November - April: Working in a Canadian ski resort
May: Travelling in Canada i.e. Toronto, The Rockies, Montreal, Ottawa etc for roughly a month. I want to get to Alaska a bit earlier in the year too for the Northern Lights.
Summer 2010: Trek America

I want to do independent travelling as well i.e. a RTW trip but that won't be until around 2012 when I've done my post grad course and saved up again.
Reply 62
Summer- Novembery time find a job and earn some mohoney

Jan - Jun - Travelling round France Wwoofing on farms nd in b&bs etc volunteering for free lodgings and food in exchange to become semi-fluentish in French :smile:
Reply 63
hi so i am at uni now but had my gap year last year and i did ski le gap hhtp://www.skilegap.com then went to go work in new zealand as a ski instructor it was amazing, if i could give any advice do a skiing gap year

Ski bunny
Reply 64
As it stands at the moment-

September to following June- Finish off English A-level, perhaps take up Biology AS + working part time + volunteering/doing work experience.
End of October/Beginning of November- Two weeks in Thailand volunteering.
Sometime in April/Easter holidays- Three weeks in America, 10-ish days in New York and 10-ish days in California.

Nothing's really certain, though.
iPod
June-September: Chill with mates, have a great summer.
September-December: I have an internship. (thats the only thing certain about this gap year!)
December-April: Find an office job, whilst taking flying lessons.
April-October: Not sure yet.

hi. i hope you don't mind me asking, but where are you doing your internship?
Reply 66
Wow some of these sound amazing, think I might have to plan another trip :smile:
September 2009-May 2010 i will be working in a orphanage in cambodia teaching and nannying, i can't wait, i have been planing this trip since 2007 when i first visited the orphanage!
Reply 68
Working full-time.
Reply 69
Question for those who are travelling: Are you travelling with people you know? And why/why not?
mr-tom
Question for those who are travelling: Are you travelling with people you know? And why/why not?

I'm not. All my friends are off to uni so I couldn't find anyone to go with. I REALLY want to take a gap year though (and seeing as I didn't apply to uni have to now), so if I have to do it alone I will.

I did, however, strike a balance. I'm going away with an organistion (Raleigh) for 2 months and a half then after that's finished intend to stay on in Asia and travel the rest of Sout East Asia. I think going away with them will build up my confidence to do that (and maybe I'll even find a few travel partners through it!)
Reply 71
Sounds exciting! I'll probably end up travelling in my holiday or something, I really don't think I'll manage a YEAR of full-blown 9-5 working! :s-smilie: Also, it would be nice to have some stroies to tell about the world 8-)
June - September: Camp America

September - February: Get a job!

March - June Travel. I want to go to Argentina for 2-3 months and learn Spanish and teach English. And get pretty good at Tango. Then maybe head to Brazil to learn some samba. I don't really like travelling, so i just want to live in the country for awhile and meet locals and have a relaxing time.
Reply 73
clairedavies
hi. i hope you don't mind me asking, but where are you doing your internship?

Just with a company in London :smile:

Latest