The Student Room Group

Economics offers 2009

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone had offers from UCL, Durham, Bristol, Warwick or Nottingham without economics????
Kathryn91919
Has anyone had offers from UCL, Durham, Bristol, Warwick or Nottingham without economics????

Nottingham AAA/AABB, doing maths f.maths, chemistry biology and geography, not economics
Reply 1382
I_Am_Abbas
Or maybe other parts of your application are sub-par - like mine probably are. You cannot seriously think that just some good grades mean you are *guaranteed* an offer, and it must be on its way. Unjustifiable arrogance. 4 A's at A level and 10A*s are not rare at the level of universities you are applying to.

Just be a little more humble in future

unfortunately you have misinterpreted my post, which was simply answering paulwhy's question of which subjects i was doing- my post prior to that was just a lighthearted joke, which is pretty visible. i wholly acknowledge that other parts of my application may be lacking, but there numerous possibilities as to why offers haven't been recieved. you're right, i don't "seriously think that just some good grades mean i am guaranteed an offer," and apologise if that is how it has come across.
Reply 1383
I_Am_Abbas
Or maybe other parts of your application are sub-par - like mine probably are. You cannot seriously think that just some good grades mean you are *guaranteed* an offer, and it must be on its way. Unjustifiable arrogance. 4 A's at A level and 10A*s are not rare at the level of universities you are applying to.

Just be a little more humble in future

Good Luck to your St John's Interview.... :smile:
grademe
unfortunately you have misinterpreted my post, which was simply answering paulwhy's question of which subjects i was doing- my post prior to that was just a lighthearted joke, which is pretty visible. i wholly acknowledge that other parts of my application may be lacking, but there numerous possibilities as to why offers haven't been recieved. you're right, i don't "seriously think that just some good grades mean i am guaranteed an offer," and apologise if that is how it has come across.

Just read your earlier post - sorry about that! Big misunderstanding - my mistake, not yours.

Good luck with your applications :smile:
rnshan
Good Luck to your St John's Interview.... :smile:

Thanks, going to need it!

Got a while to prepare though, which is good.
Reply 1386
I_Am_Abbas
Just read your earlier post - sorry about that! Big misunderstanding - my mistake, not yours.

Good luck with your applications :smile:

no problem man, good luck to you too! :biggrin:
Reply 1387
Hey Waheyy, I've just realised that you didn't add me to the Warwick list (but I think you did with all my other choices).

Is that because you feel I have no chance of getting in?
Or is it because you want to trick yourself into thinking there are less applicants?
(I am just joking by the way) :biggrin:

P.S: I am still waiting for Oxford...tell them to hurry up...:smile:
Reply 1388
Got offers from;
York (AAB)
Leeds (AAB)
Manchester (ABB)
Glasgow (ABB)
Newcastle (Pending)

All are for L100 Economics.

Congratulations to everybody with offers!
Berkice
I think they may regret that, from what i can see (just based on this thread), a lot of people who are nottingham offer holders have better offers elsewhere and will not use Nottingham as a firm, or insurance (why would you at AAA)...i'm sure they have taken this into consideration but it seems a bit of a short sighted decision...

Well Notts are AABB (as well as AAA) and on that basis may be an acceptable insurance uni.
Reply 1390
Hey, do you think u can add me to the list aswell for eco L100 and L101:
LSE, Warwick, Loughborough, Bath and Surrey.
Thanks
Can you add me to the lists- applied for:

Oxford (Brasenose) - E&M - No response
Durham (Hild & Bede) - Forwarded to college according to AES
UCL - Offer subject to attendance open day this Wednesday
LSE - Rejected
Warwick - No response
ThePersonator
Can you add me to the lists- applied for:

Oxford (Brasenose) - E&M - No response
Durham (Hild & Bede) - Forwarded to college according to AES
UCL - Offer subject to attendance open day this Wednesday
LSE - Rejected
Warwick - No response

I'll be on that Open Day too. Apparently there'll be 80 people there, sounds like quite a few for an Economics-only Open Day.

I'm also waiting for Oxford to reply :smile: it's not fun.
Deipnosophist123
I'll be on that Open Day too. Apparently there'll be 80 people there, sounds like quite a few for an Economics-only Open Day.

I'm also waiting for Oxford to reply :smile: it's not fun.

When did you hear from UCL. I'm waiting on all my offers!!! Oxford, UCL, Durham, LSE & Warwick.

Can I ask what grades u have if you don't mind. Also, do you think it matters if I didn't get time to visit the official UCL open day???

Thanks
bfordmaster
When did you hear from UCL. I'm waiting on all my offers!!! Oxford, UCL, Durham, LSE & Warwick.

Can I ask what grades u have if you don't mind. Also, do you think it matters if I didn't get time to visit the official UCL open day???

Thanks

1. Heard from UCL on 5th November, the day of the TSA

2. I submitted my form in late September

(i) Straight A*s at GCSE
(ii) AAAA at AS
(iii) Predicted AAAA at A2

4. I heard from Warwick (you didn't ask, but just to give you some idea) on 26th November (a Wednesday again, as with UCL)

5. Do you mean you didn't visit a UCL Open Day when they were on in the summer? I wouldn't worry, most people I know who have offers didn't go to an Open Day, but will obviously be attending future ones on which their offers depend.
You can add me to the list if you want

LSE - Economic History (no decision)
Warwick - Economics and Economic History (no decision)
Leeds - Economics and French (ABB offer)
Lancaster - Economics (AAB)
Nottingham - Economics and French (AAA)
Waheyyyy, even though I much prefer your current version of the truth, I must request for a correction of my status as what comes to LSE: Declined.

edit: lol both pos repped and neg repped for this post. :biggrin: controversial, eh?
sanmisra
Got offers from;
York (AAB)
Leeds (AAB)
Manchester (ABB)
Glasgow (ABB)
Newcastle (Pending)

All are for L100 Economics.

Congratulations to everybody with offers!

Three of the same as me! :five:
What so you think you'll put as your firm and insurance? :0
Deipnosophist123
1. Heard from UCL on 5th November, the day of the TSA

2. I submitted my form in late September

(i) Straight A*s at GCSE
(ii) AAAA at AS
(iii) Predicted AAAA at A2

4. I heard from Warwick (you didn't ask, but just to give you some idea) on 26th November (a Wednesday again, as with UCL)

5. Do you mean you didn't visit a UCL Open Day when they were on in the summer? I wouldn't worry, most people I know who have offers didn't go to an Open Day, but will obviously be attending future ones on which their offers depend.

Yeh. Your basically the same applicant as me lol. I have straight A*s and 4 As at AS with 4As prediction. Did you apply for pure economics l100 at both warwick and UCL?

Yeh I meant the open day in the summer. The only thing I can think is that my Personal statement may not be good cos my reference was really good i thought.

Neway. I'll just have to keep waiting. U heard anything from Oxford. I havn't and its really bugging me!!!
bfordmaster
Yeh. Your basically the same applicant as me lol. I have straight A*s and 4 As at AS with 4As prediction. Did you apply for pure economics l100 at both warwick and UCL?

Yeh I meant the open day in the summer. The only thing I can think is that my Personal statement may not be good cos my reference was really good i thought.

Neway. I'll just have to keep waiting. U heard anything from Oxford. I havn't and its really bugging me!!!

Yeah, it's L100 everywhere except Oxford (LN12 - E&M) and LSE (L101 but the same course). Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending