The Student Room Group

Mazars Graduate 2021

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has applied for a Mazars Graduate Programme this yar and how the application process is going?

I applied for Graduate Trainee Risk Consultant and I passed the online assessment. I have been shortlisted for a telephone interview but that is the last I have heard...

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I passed the telephone interview 2 weeks ago but haven’t heard anything since !
Reply 2
Original post by keziaalee
Hi, I passed the telephone interview 2 weeks ago but haven’t heard anything since !

Ah ok. How long did it take to organise the telephone interview? They havent contacted me about when I'm going to have mine yet
Reply 3
Hi there, I have an assessment centre planned for this Friday at Mazars! I had to wait around a month for each stage of the application process (applied towards the end of January) but having read comments in other threads, the organisation time for each stage varies
Original post by besocansec
Ah ok. How long did it take to organise the telephone interview? They havent contacted me about when I'm going to have mine yet

i’m at the same point as you, no interview as yet
Reply 5
Original post by NewFin
Hi there, I have an assessment centre planned for this Friday at Mazars! I had to wait around a month for each stage of the application process (applied towards the end of January) but having read comments in other threads, the organisation time for each stage varies

Hope it went well!
Original post by NewFin

Hi

I have an AC coming up next week, can you give me any tips on how to prepare and what the structure of the day is. I'm a little nervous.....
Reply 7
Original post by Milkyway2
Hi

I have an AC coming up next week, can you give me any tips on how to prepare and what the structure of the day is. I'm a little nervous.....

Hi, in terms of the layout of the day, this is something that is included in an email that is sent to candidates a few days prior to the AC. Included within the email are relevant links for Zoom and Microsoft Teams for the different exercises and interview.

In terms of tips on how to prepare, I would say the only thing that is crucial to prepare is the presentation and interview answers. The presentation is obviously based on a topic of your choice having selected one out of the three in the candidate pack you get sent from Mazars. The interview is a mix of competency-based questions and interview-based questions - very similar to the phone interview. But these are the only areas that you need to prepare for.

Honestly, the whole day flies by in a blink of an eye and is honestly a good day. Mazars have created such a fantastic virtual setting that it does not feel awkward or pressurized at any point of the day. They have been able to replicate the idyllic settings of a normal assessment centre in a virtual one. My advice for the day would just to not overthink it and let the nerves get the better of you as the whole day is an enjoyable one.

Hope this helps - and if you need anything else, please do not hesitate to ask!
Reply 8
Original post by besocansec
Hope it went well!

Thank you! The whole day was hugely enjoyable (as weird as that sounds for an assessment centre) and has just made me more eager to work at Mazars! Hope you hear back about your interview soon - I had to wait a few weeks before I had an update on my application!
Reply 9
Hey! Glad you enjoyed your interview day. How long did it take for them to get back to you? I’ve been waiting about six weeks now without an update (post assessment centre)... i emailed and they replied copying in a colleague asking for an update - but no response from this one!:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by JJ4423
Hey! Glad you enjoyed your interview day. How long did it take for them to get back to you? I’ve been waiting about six weeks now without an update (post assessment centre)... i emailed and they replied copying in a colleague asking for an update - but no response from this one!:smile:

Hi there, I am in the same boat as you. After the assessment centre, they said they would get back to everyone roughly by the following Wednesday. However, I have still yet to hear any update on the application following the assessment centre. I was about to send them an email as well requesting an update too so will let you know how that goes for me also! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by NewFin
Hi there, I am in the same boat as you. After the assessment centre, they said they would get back to everyone roughly by the following Wednesday. However, I have still yet to hear any update on the application following the assessment centre. I was about to send them an email as well requesting an update too so will let you know how that goes for me also! :smile:

Thanks! That’s made me less worried to be honest... I’ll hope there’s just a genuine hold up. I’ve read in a few places most people have heard back the same day or one after so I thought I’d been lost in the system or something 😅
Reply 12
Original post by JJ4423
Thanks! That’s made me less worried to be honest... I’ll hope there’s just a genuine hold up. I’ve read in a few places most people have heard back the same day or one after so I thought I’d been lost in the system or something 😅

You and me both! I have read on other forums of people receiving offers a week(s) later after the assessment centre, so I would not worry too much or overthink things. I think it may just be a particularly busy period for the company at the moment! :smile:
Hi guys, I have my AC tomorrow but I’m particularly nervous about the case study. Any tips for it? Is it in the form of writing an email or writing a proper report? Also, for the group task, do you need to deliver a presentation with your group? Any help is really appreciated:smile:
Reply 14
Hi guys, I have my AC tomorrow but I’m particularly nervous about the case study. Any tips for it? Is it in the form of writing an email or writing a proper report? Also, for the group task, do you need to deliver a presentation with your group? Any help is really appreciated:smile:

Hi there, I am not too sure about the case study as I don't know if it changes between AC's but they do say that no business/finance knowledge is required to be successful in the case study so I would not stress too much about it. You are usually just presented with information and then told to write a report on your findings from the information provided.

In terms of the group project, a presentation is needed at the end of it but they are not too bothered about the result of your presentation. They are more so looking at your soft skills throughout the group work and seeing what you are like in a group setting. If you google ways to act in a group interview then you will not find this difficult. The group project for me was a particular highlight of the day as it is a chance to come together with other candidates rather than feeling like you are working against them. Best of luck in your AC tomorrow - what is the role/office you are going for??
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by NewFin
Hi there, I am not too sure about the case study as I don't know if it changes between AC's but they do say that no business/finance knowledge is required to be successful in the case study so I would not stress too much about it. You are usually just presented with information and then told to write a report on your findings from the information provided.

In terms of the group project, a presentation is needed at the end of it but they are not too bothered about the result of your presentation. They are more so looking at your soft skills throughout the group work and seeing what you are like in a group setting. If you google ways to act in a group interview then you will not find this difficult. The group project for me was a particular highlight of the day as it is a chance to come together with other candidates rather than feeling like you are working against them. Best of luck in your AC tomorrow - what is the role/office you are going for??

Eyy hey there thanks for the quick reply and tips! Just had my AC today. I’m going for Audit (London) , and you??
also have you heard back? :smile:

Original post by NewFin

Has anyone applied to the Mazars 2021 placement scheme? I’ve seen no one say anything about it yet? I’m desperately waiting :smile:
Reply 18
also have you heard back? :smile:

Just to let you know - I still haven’t heard back! Not sure how they’re working it (it may depend on office or role.. I’ve applied for Manchester) but it has been a good while since my AC so don’t be too surprised if it’s a bit of a wait 😭
Original post by JJ4423
Just to let you know - I still haven’t heard back! Not sure how they’re working it (it may depend on office or role.. I’ve applied for Manchester) but it has been a good while since my AC so don’t be too surprised if it’s a bit of a wait 😭

Hey which role is this for? Hahaha do u happen to know if everyone else from ur AC hasn’t heard back too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending