The Student Room Group

Honours degree - do I need two?

Hello!

I am hoping you can help me. I hold a first class honours degree in Tourism Business Management and I am currently studying for my Nutritional Therapy degree through UWL (in year 4). For those without a prior degree, the course is 5 years part time to gain the non-classified degree (BSc Nutritional Therapy) or 6 years to get an honours degree (BSc Hons Nutritional Therapy). As I currently hold an honours degree in another subject, when I complete my 5 years study will that equip me with a BSc Hons in Nutritional Therapy? Or can I not carry the hons to the new subject? Really don't want to have to do another dissertation.. :frown:

Thanks in advance.
Original post by Sunshineb33
Hello!

I am hoping you can help me. I hold a first class honours degree in Tourism Business Management and I am currently studying for my Nutritional Therapy degree through UWL (in year 4). For those without a prior degree, the course is 5 years part time to gain the non-classified degree (BSc Nutritional Therapy) or 6 years to get an honours degree (BSc Hons Nutritional Therapy). As I currently hold an honours degree in another subject, when I complete my 5 years study will that equip me with a BSc Hons in Nutritional Therapy? Or can I not carry the hons to the new subject? Really don't want to have to do another dissertation.. :frown:

Thanks in advance.

Honours belong to the specific degree. A degree without honours is next to useless unless you are staying in Scotland forever. So yes, you do need to do the additional year and dissertation for the degree to be useful in a future career.
Your previous dissertation is linked to your other degree (and you have been marked and awarded for it)
You would not be able to gain honours on your new degree without completing the year 6 of the course.
Reply 3
Thank you both for your replies. So, it looks like another year of study for me! 😞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending