The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
they literally got rid it last year because it was such a waste of time. Once you get there you'll realise how bad of an institution it actually is
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous
they literally got rid it last year because it was such a waste of time. Once you get there you'll realise how bad of an institution it actually is

Do you mean the subject LSE 100 is bad, or the whole of the LSE institution is bad? I firmed LSE and your comment is worrying me baha.
Reply 3

but they gave the question for 2021/22 something to do with AI so what makes you say they got rid of it?
also could you elaborate more on why you think its a bad institution please
Lol I don't know how long they forced students to take the lse 100 but they discontinued it cus no student acc wanted to do it and they realised it wasn't worth the effort. The reason why the lse is appalling as a university is because they genuinely do not care about the students at all. Its a mixture of entitlement and laziness, they don't need to improve the experience is because everyone in the world considers it a "good university" already and there is already mass excess demand for it, it consistently ranks the lowest in the whole of the UK for student satisfaction. My experience has genuinely been horrendous, I took financial mathematics and the lse got rid of the only module where you learned to code so my degree is now far less useful than it was if I was a year older, my class is 75% east asian, 50% of which do not speak in fluent english so they just speak their native language, leading to a pretty unsocial atmosphere. 99% of people who go here would opt to study instead of going out on a friday night, my lecturers are usually phd students who can hardly speak english as well, they set from textbooks that are borderline unreadable, they set a ridiculous amount of work (heres a video i got on my recommended the other day of someone brought to tears by the amount of work they set wtf.

Overall I really regret going to the lse, I was debating whether to go there or bristol and trust me everyone who isn't insane would enjoy bristol too, some of my mates go there and they're actually enjoying it. What annoys me is that I literally only chose it to better my career, but if these are the type of people im gonna have to work with in the city then i don't know what I'm gonna do.
Reply 5
Lol I don't know how long they forced students to take the lse 100 but they discontinued it cus no student acc wanted to do it and they realised it wasn't worth the effort. The reason why the lse is appalling as a university is because they genuinely do not care about the students at all. Its a mixture of entitlement and laziness, they don't need to improve the experience is because everyone in the world considers it a "good university" already and there is already mass excess demand for it, it consistently ranks the lowest in the whole of the UK for student satisfaction. My experience has genuinely been horrendous, I took financial mathematics and the lse got rid of the only module where you learned to code so my degree is now far less useful than it was if I was a year older, my class is 75% east asian, 50% of which do not speak in fluent english so they just speak their native language, leading to a pretty unsocial atmosphere. 99% of people who go here would opt to study instead of going out on a friday night, my lecturers are usually phd students who can hardly speak english as well, they set from textbooks that are borderline unreadable, they set a ridiculous amount of work (heres a video i got on my recommended the other day of someone brought to tears by the amount of work they set wtf.

Overall I really regret going to the lse, I was debating whether to go there or bristol and trust me everyone who isn't insane would enjoy bristol too, some of my mates go there and they're actually enjoying it. What annoys me is that I literally only chose it to better my career, but if these are the type of people im gonna have to work with in the city then i don't know what I'm gonna do.

im sorry you have had this experience :/ now im even more unsure whether I should go
im sorry you have had this experience :/ now im even more unsure whether I should go

I just firmed my LSE offer yesterday and this comment is worrying me too haha. what subject are you doing and what's your insurance offer? :smile:
Reply 7

this is an anomaly experience lmao at least you're "different". should've considered the international aspect if you really wanted to go and enjoy and if you actually had the educational and mental capacity to handle the workload. seems you just didn't fit in mate

Latest

Trending

Trending