The Student Room Group

MS Business Analytics / Artificial Intelligenc- Lancaster / Loughborough/ Strathclyde

As an international student, one has limitations and would look for your perspectives to finalize the university.
There are few threads about Business school comparison or computer science. I have opted to go for MS in Business Analytics or MS in Artificial Intelligence.

Business Analytics is more like a marriage or Business school and Computer science.

**********For employability is important************

The decision of finalizing a college would be the function of few more things. I decided to put Pros and Cons into the perspective:

**Uni Of Strathclyde**: Location is Glasgow, Scotland. In Scotland, Glasgow is the second-best city and so you see a lot of companies or start-ups. You will have access to Uni of Glasgow library as well. Closer to Edinburgh. you get to look for jobs between these 2 cities. These 2 are top two cities in Scotland and you would see most of the companies there.
But QS employability ranking is around 34.5 in 2020
The population is 1.6 mil. Part-time jobs will be within reach.
In Jobserve- there are totally 175 in Glasgow and 146 in Edinburgh (all fields) posted in the last 7 days

**Uni Of Lancaster**- Considering the ranking from QS Business analytics ranking / FT Business school ranking / FT European business school ranking, ...... Lancaster is ahead in the ranking at 49. all the colleges are under 51-97
Employability ranking is 36.3 in 2020 ranking
population is 0.14 mil (160K). so forget about part time jobs. Manchester is close by
In Jobserve- 62 jobs in Lancaster & 604 jobs

**Uni Of Loughborough /Lboro**
Lboro has two campus. (in Loughborough & London)

**Uni of Lboro in Lboro-
Not much to say, Lboro is as small as Lancaster, is closer to Nottingham.
Ranks similar to Strathclyde
QS ranking for Employability for 2020 is not available; however in 2019 they were at 50.4 much higher than the ranking of Lancaster & Strathclyde in 2019 and 2020.
Population is .06 mil (66k)
In jobserve - 204 jobs in Loughborough, 199 in Nottingham.

**Uni of Lboro in London-
all of the item mentioned for Uni of Loughborough;
Infrastructure is similar to a 4 storey mall. does not give a look like a university. The course fee is by default 2K GBP higher
However, the big plus is London. can't beat it.
In jobserve- total jobs are 4545.
Maybe this campus brings up employability scores higher for Lboro
Original post by earvind
As an international student, one has limitations and would look for your perspectives to finalize the university.
There are few threads about Business school comparison or computer science. I have opted to go for MS in Business Analytics or MS in Artificial Intelligence.

Business Analytics is more like a marriage or Business school and Computer science.

**********For employability is important************

The decision of finalizing a college would be the function of few more things. I decided to put Pros and Cons into the perspective:

**Uni Of Strathclyde**: Location is Glasgow, Scotland. In Scotland, Glasgow is the second-best city and so you see a lot of companies or start-ups. You will have access to Uni of Glasgow library as well. Closer to Edinburgh. you get to look for jobs between these 2 cities. These 2 are top two cities in Scotland and you would see most of the companies there.
But QS employability ranking is around 34.5 in 2020
The population is 1.6 mil. Part-time jobs will be within reach.
In Jobserve- there are totally 175 in Glasgow and 146 in Edinburgh (all fields) posted in the last 7 days

**Uni Of Lancaster**- Considering the ranking from QS Business analytics ranking / FT Business school ranking / FT European business school ranking, ...... Lancaster is ahead in the ranking at 49. all the colleges are under 51-97
Employability ranking is 36.3 in 2020 ranking
population is 0.14 mil (160K). so forget about part time jobs. Manchester is close by
In Jobserve- 62 jobs in Lancaster & 604 jobs

**Uni Of Loughborough /Lboro**
Lboro has two campus. (in Loughborough & London)

**Uni of Lboro in Lboro-
Not much to say, Lboro is as small as Lancaster, is closer to Nottingham.
Ranks similar to Strathclyde
QS ranking for Employability for 2020 is not available; however in 2019 they were at 50.4 much higher than the ranking of Lancaster & Strathclyde in 2019 and 2020.
Population is .06 mil (66k)
In jobserve - 204 jobs in Loughborough, 199 in Nottingham.

**Uni of Lboro in London-
all of the item mentioned for Uni of Loughborough;
Infrastructure is similar to a 4 storey mall. does not give a look like a university. The course fee is by default 2K GBP higher
However, the big plus is London. can't beat it.
In jobserve- total jobs are 4545.
Maybe this campus brings up employability scores higher for Lboro

Hey @earvind :biggrin: I'm glad to see you're considering studying with us at Strathclyde! Do you have any questions about the university that I can help answer? Which course is it you've applied to with us?

Really happy to chat to you about anything the uni has to offer! Strathclyde is a great university to be a part of :smile: & Glasgow is also a fantastic place to live and be a student too, and we're super welcoming and friendly here.

Let me know if I can help at all! Feel free to message me here or send a PM.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending