The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh student nightlife

Hi!

Really keen to get a feel for the nightlife in Edinburgh. Is there a good variety of places to go for drinks at night? Do students tend to lean more towards pubs or clubs?

Would love to know the names of any particular places that are popular with students and run great student nights?

Thanks very much!
Original post by GreatBritishMag
Hi!

Really keen to get a feel for the nightlife in Edinburgh. Is there a good variety of places to go for drinks at night? Do students tend to lean more towards pubs or clubs?

Would love to know the names of any particular places that are popular with students and run great student nights?

Thanks very much!

Hi

I see if I can help you with this one as a Edinburgh born & resident .…!!
I studied in Edinburgh but tend mostly to goto local places within where I stay.

Majority of students tend to hit the pubs around the following streets / areas of Edinburgh as too many to name so easier to give you the street / area they in okay..

You have Rose Street ( back of Princess St ) with pubs & clubs the length of it heading toward West End.

George Street has few places as well with clubs & pubs

Then heading up into Lothian Road with pubs and some clubs then turn into Bread St upto into the Grassmarket & Cowgate area as many good pubs there.

From there you have got around the Edinburgh university McEwan hall area - Forrest Road onto George V bridge, then down the Royal Mile.

The three sisters pub in Cowgate is one of the best haunt's for students but obviously there's more to chose from okay as you won't be short of any.

Shakespeare's on lothian Road is another okay one for students.

Majority do offer students discounts but you should be able to get information from university itself hopefully.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending