The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Queens' College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Apparently the number of applications to Queens increased by 40% this year- looks like we're in for a lot of competition guys!!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by thesmallman
Apparently the number of applications to Queens increased by 40% this year- looks like we're in for a lot of competition guys!!

How do you know?
Reply 782

Is this across all subjects?
Reply 783
Original post by H.A.
Applying for Maths as well.. I was thinking if we all get offers we should work on step together, it'll be good and we will be together at college anyway so, yeah :tongue:

Have you received an interview and do you know which 3 topics you're putting down?
I've already done step
Original post by This Saturday
How do you know?

Had a talk from an admissions tutor from Queens earlier

Original post by AngusK
Is this across all subjects?

Yeah
Reply 785
No.. not yet, hopefully soon :tongue:

All I really want is a STEP offer, after that it's all in my hands for better or worse
Reply 786
Had a talk from an admissions tutor from Queens earlier

Yeah

Any idea what it's like for maths?

Across the college? I doubt that very much.

Christ's applications went up 25% last year but that was largely due to the highly visible (and helpful) Christ's Admissions Tutor and L'evil fish's successful "selling" of the college on TSR. There hasn't been any similar activity by Queens'

Queens' applicants declined last year so may well have recovered somewhat this year. But 40% sounds much too high.

We won't know officially until April 2016 when the Stats page will be updated with 2016 Applicants data.
Hey i just logged in since results day and saw this thread. Im currently at Queens' studying Biological natural sciences so let me know if any of you want interview advice / have general Queens' questions!
Original post by jneill
Across the college? I doubt that very much.

Christ's applications went up 25% last year but that was largely due to the highly visible (and helpful) Christ's Admissions Tutor and L'evil fish's successful "selling" of the college on TSR. There hasn't been any similar activity by Queens'

Queens' applicants declined last year so may well have recovered somewhat this year. But 40% sounds much too high.

We won't know officially until April 2016 when the Stats page will be updated with 2016 Applicants data.

I was surprised by that figure but I was told this by a queens college admissions tutor who gave a talk at my school earlier, I think she said the number of applicants went up from 6XX to 9XX (cant remember the exact number)
I was surprised by that figure but I was told this by a queens college admissions tutor who gave a talk at my school earlier, I think she said the number of applicants went up from 6XX to 9XX (cant remember the exact number)

Well last year was indeed 6xx so yes 9xx would be correct for a 40% increase. Wow. I wonder if other colleges have seen anything similar...
Original post by jneill
Well last year was indeed 6xx so yes 9xx would be correct for a 40% increase. Wow. I wonder if other colleges have seen anything similar...

Any idea how any people are interviewed compared to amount of places available? Specifically for Law if possible :smile: not that I want to worry myself with statistics or anything ... :wink:
Original post by J.W.G.Cane
Any idea how any people are interviewed compared to amount of places available? Specifically for Law if possible :smile: not that I want to worry myself with statistics or anything ... :wink:

Cambridge interview >80% of all applicants. There's no subject (or college) specific data afaik...
Original post by jneill

I'm putting all my hopes on the pooling system...looks like I won't be getting into queens :frown:
I'm putting all my hopes on the pooling system...looks like I won't be getting into queens :frown:

Application numbers don't matter, if you are good enough you get in or get pooled, numbers fluctuate every year, that's stats for you
Reply 795
Any engineers here? Got an interview date?
Original post by Bolts
Any engineers here? Got an interview date?

Not yet :'( what about you? Hoping maybe we might find out next week!
(edited 8 years ago)
Without stating the obvious, can anyone recommend a good way to prep for the CLT? *don't say reading, that's a given* :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 798
[QUOTE=chasvortex;60567593]Not yet :'( what about you? Hoping maybe we might find out next week!

Unfortunately not heard anything mate
Reply 799
Are there any other post A-level applicants in this thread, and if there are, were you aware that post A-level applicants have earlier interviews? I was told I have an interview on the 17th of November last Friday, and have spent the last week in a state of mild panic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending