The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

2022 Applicants Thread - University of Huddersfield

Hi everyone! We hope you're all doing okay.

If you're applying to join us at Huddersfield in September 2022, this is your space to ask any questions, introduce yourselves and get to know more about living and studying in Huddersfield.

Say 'hi' below and let us know what you plan to study and what subjects you're doing now

Julie and Harriette
UoH

Scroll to see replies

Hello I’m currently waiting on getting my gcse results for maths on Thursday to which if I get a c/4 I can go onto the access course to hopefully apply for uni in 2022 fingers crossed! Does any have info on placements at uni ie is there nights or just days as I have to think about childcare thanks
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Original post by Saralachy96
Hello I’m currently waiting on getting my gcse results for maths on Thursday to which if I get a c/4 I can go onto the access course to hopefully apply for uni in 2022 fingers crossed! Does any have info on placements at uni ie is there nights or just days as I have to think about childcare thanks

Hi @Saralachy96

How are you?

Which course was it you're thinking of applying for? Placements will be different depending on the course you want to do.

We have some great generic information about Placements which might be useful to you. :smile:

Speak soon,
Harriette
Reply 3
Original post by University of Huddersfield

If you're applying to join us at Huddersfield in September 2022, this is your space to ask any questions, introduce yourselves and get to know more about living and studying in Huddersfield.

Say 'hi' below and let us know what you plan to study and what subjects you're doing now

Julie and Harriette
UoH

Hello!

I'm applying for the Games Development (Art) course at Huddersfield :smile: Currently I'm studying A-Level Art, Music and French!
Hi!

I'm applying for Film Making and hoping to send my application off this week!
Hi

Iv applied to study mental health nursing at Huddersfield in sep 22!

Any idea if and when id be called for an interview?

Julie and Harriette
UoH

Hi, I did my ucas application. About 2 week ago, I haven’t heard anything yet. But my peers on my access course are receiving interviews and offers. And I’m feeling stressed that I haven’t heard anything at all. 3 people who did ucas application same day as me have had interview offers and 1 lady submitted 5 days after me and has had an invitation to interview. I am wondering why I haven’t yet, I’m feeling stressed that I’m going to get rejected and not even interviewed. Does anyone have any experience with this. I know it’s only been a couple of weeks but its not a nice feeling when people around you are getting interviews and you aren’t xx
Hi

I applied through ucas to study mental health nursing, i sent my ucas off first day allowed to submit.

I havnt heard anything either as of yet-what did you and your peers apply for?
Original post by Anayaanaya
Hi

I applied through ucas to study mental health nursing, i sent my ucas off first day allowed to submit.

I havnt heard anything either as of yet-what did you and your peers apply for?

Hi, I applied for adult nursing, 2 of my peers also adult nursing, 1 of them child nursing and one paramedic science xx
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I applied for adult nursing, 2 of my peers also adult nursing, 1 of them child nursing and one paramedic science xx

Hi again

I did call they said they had a back log, so maybe we will hear soon!
Had my interview for film making!
Reply 11
Hi I applied for speech and language therapy on 22.11. Got everything crossed I get an interview! Loved Huddersfield when I visited! Has anyone else been offered an interview yet?
Original post by johoult
Hi I applied for speech and language therapy on 22.11. Got everything crossed I get an interview! Loved Huddersfield when I visited! Has anyone else been offered an interview yet?

Still waiting for nursing interview!
Had my interview for filmmaking and got an offer the next day!!
Hi all,

Well done on sending those applications in. Please try and not get stressed or disheartened if you haven't heard anything, which I know is easier said than done, especially when your friends and fellow students are getting interview dates. There is no order to interviews or offers being sent out - it really is a case of waiting. Keep your chin up and it will be your time soon.

Wishing you all the best,
Leanne

Have you heard anything yet? I’ve applied for nursing too and I’m refreshing every 3 mins!

Have you heard anything yet? I’ve applied for nursing too and I’m refreshing my emails every 3 mins
Original post by Carrie.a.e.n
Have you heard anything yet? I’ve applied for nursing too and I’m refreshing my emails every 3 mins

Nothing as of yet hun! Awful isn't it!!

Julie and Harriette
UoH

Hi!!!
I’ve been given an offer for Analytical and Environmental science to start next September. I’m wondering about support and things for autism and mental health at uni as they’re really worrying me. And how many people tend to be on that course? I know it’s very new so are there many applicants? I’m very excited to go to Hudds it’s not too far from home and it has the course I like. I should probably explore around town a bit more to find the best shops and food places but I can’t wait
Reply 19
Got an interview invite for SLT next Friday, so excited but very nervous as Huddersfield is my top choice uni!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending