The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

2022 Applicants Thread - University of Huddersfield

Scroll to see replies

Original post by johoult
Got an interview invite for SLT next Friday, so excited but very nervous as Huddersfield is my top choice uni!

Congratulations and good luck 🤞
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Original post by Puffin Hat
Hi!!!
I’ve been given an offer for Analytical and Environmental science to start next September. I’m wondering about support and things for autism and mental health at uni as they’re really worrying me. And how many people tend to be on that course? I know it’s very new so are there many applicants? I’m very excited to go to Hudds it’s not too far from home and it has the course I like. I should probably explore around town a bit more to find the best shops and food places but I can’t wait

Good afternoon :smile: How are you?

This link may be able to help you :

https://courses.hud.ac.uk/2022-23/full-time/undergraduate/environmental-and-analytical-science-bsc-hons

There are around 25 places available for this course, and the support for 'additional requirements' are the University is fantastic. For each course you are given your own Personal Academic Tutor that will follow you through the entirety of your degree, along with wellbeing support, disability support, academic support, and so on - the list is endless. Personally, I have sought assistance from a few of these and they never disappoint. Degrees are hard and can be even more difficult when you have 'extra needs' but do not let that put you off - Huddersfield have your back.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Leanne
Midwifery Studies BSc (Hons)
Second year
Original post by Anayaanaya
Nothing as of yet hun! Awful isn't it!!

Hi
Have you heard if you have an interview yet? I’ve just checked my junk and received an invite for this Wed!
Check your spam and if it’s not there yet I’m sure it will be soon
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Carrie.a.e.n
Hi
Have you heard if you have an interview yet? I’ve just checked my junk and received an invite for this Wed!
Check your spam and if it’s not there yet I’m sure it will be soon

Hi hun

Thats great! Good luck for interview!

I always check my junk too! - nothing as of yet! Do you use whatsapp? Xx
The Huddersfield interview went really well, the lady was so lovely and made me feel at ease and it almost felt like a chat not an interview
Have you heard back?
Where else have you applied to?
The Huddersfield interview went really well, the lady was so lovely and made me feel at ease and it almost felt like a chat not an interview
Have you heard back?
Where else have you applied to?

Glad it went well! I applied to Bradford and both Huddersfield the normal route and the blended route!

I called as havnt heard feom Huddersfield yet, they said they are doing Jan start interviews and i am on the list for sep-when are you starting?
Reply 26
Hi, I’ve just applied for social work for September start, fingers crossed we all hear soon 😊
Original post by Anayaanaya
Glad it went well! I applied to Bradford and both Huddersfield the normal route and the blended route!

I called as havnt heard feom Huddersfield yet, they said they are doing Jan start interviews and i am on the list for sep-when are you starting?

Hiya,
I start sept, I received an offer today. I’m so pleased!
Good luck to you, I’m sure you’ll hear soon
Hiya,

Congratulations @carrie.a.e.n :smile:

Leanne
Midwifery Studies BSc (Hons) - 2nd year
The University of Huddersfield
Hey everyone, I've sent off my application for optometry last night. However, I don't do science A-levels so I maybe considered for the science extended degree and then move on to optometry.
Hiya,

Heyyy

Fantastic news!!! :-)))) well done!!!

Fingers crossed i hear back soon! :-))
Hello! I've got an offer for sociology and psychology.Do all subjects have interviews?
Original post by Causetella20
Hello! I've got an offer for sociology and psychology.Do all subjects have interviews?

Hi @Causetella20

Yes, you will have an interview as part of your application process.

I have attached a link from the UCAS website that will provide you with some more information :

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/undergraduate-interview-invitations

Please feel free to ask any further questions :smile:

Leanne ~ 2nd year Midwifery Studies student
Reply 33
Original post by Aathira N
Hey everyone, I've sent off my application for optometry last night. However,hey I don't do science A-levels so I maybe considered for the science extended degree and then move on to optometry.

hey

im doing science extended degree to move on to optom too
what alevels do u do?
where else have u applied
Original post by KA139
hey

what alevels do u do?

I currently do 2 BTECs (applied science and health and social care) and a level sociology
Reply 35
I currently do 2 BTECs (applied science and health and social care) and a level sociology

i do alevel soc too
how u finding it?
Original post by KA139
i do alevel soc too
how u finding it?

alright so far, got mini mocks in January, had main mocks in November and I'm predicted B. What other subjects do you do?
Original post by KA139
hey

what alevels do u do?

I have also applied to Cardiff, Hertfordshire, Bristol West Uni for optometry and Liverpool as a back up and the course is orthoptics
Hi again! Lol

Im confused as i rang Huddersfield yesterday and they said they havnt started doing the mental health nursing interviews yet, should be new year time they said.

Did you apply for adult nursing? Bet you so relieved to have this news before christmas! :-))
Reply 39
I have also applied to Cardiff, Hertfordshire, Bristol West Uni for optometry and Liverpool as a back up and the course is orthoptics

ive applied liverpool for orthoptics and sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending