Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

2022 Applicants Thread - University of Huddersfield

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Aathira N
alright so far, got mini mocks in January, had main mocks in November and I'm predicted B. What other subjects do you do?

chem and bio

have you heard back from anywhere yet?
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Original post by KA139
chem and bio

not yet
Original post by KA139
chem and bio

Where else have you applied for optometry?
Hi all :smile:

Really lovely hearing all of your updates.

Have a lovely weekend,

Leanne ~ 2nd year Midwifery Studies student
Reply 44
Hey, is anyone still waiting for an interview email? This time seems so much longer than when I did my last degree at Huddersfield 😊
Original post by johoult
Got an interview invite for SLT next Friday, so excited but very nervous as Huddersfield is my top choice uni!

How was it? I've got an interview invite for SLT next week!
Hi guys

Got my interview for mental health nursing with Huddersfield uni tomorrow at 9am!

So nervous!

Any tips? I have prepared just hope nerves don't get the better of me!
Reply 47
Original post by Anayaanaya
Hi guys

Got my interview for mental health nursing with Huddersfield uni tomorrow at 9am!

So nervous!

I’m sure you will be fine! I did midwifery there 2012, the lecturers want you to do well so just be yourself, have everything to hand they might ask you for, know what’s currently in the news related to nursing, know about nmc and RCN, know your personal statement abs expect the unexpected! Just enjoy, they already like you 😊

Can I ask, when did you apply and how did you get your interview invitation? I’ve applied for social work but not heard yet.
Original post by Char_83
I’m sure you will be fine! I did midwifery there 2012, the lecturers want you to do well so just be yourself, have everything to hand they might ask you for, know what’s currently in the news related to nursing, know about nmc and RCN, know your personal statement abs expect the unexpected! Just enjoy, they already like you 😊

Can I ask, when did you apply and how did you get your interview invitation? I’ve applied for social work but not heard yet.

Hi Char

What a lovely response, thank you so much!

Ohhh gosh i applied months ago!! - when ucas allowed you to first send application.

I chased it up a few times as i was worried hadn't heard either way-but the staff were lovely and reassured me they had a huge amount of applicants. I only recieved my interview date friday i think it was!

You changing profession? Didn't like midwifery?! Xxx
Reply 49
Hi Char

What a lovely response, thank you so much!

Ohhh gosh i applied months ago!! - when ucas allowed you to first send application.

I chased it up a few times as i was worried hadn't heard either way-but the staff were lovely and reassured me they had a huge amount of applicants. I only recieved my interview date friday i think it was!

You changing profession? Didn't like midwifery?! Xxx

Hi, I loved midwifery, I did all 3 years but unfortunately family issues right at the very end meant I didn’t finish my final placement , I would go back to midwifery in a heartbeat! I absolutely loved the safeguarding element though hence the change 😊 ooh please let me know how you get on!
Hi guys

So nervous!

Congratulations @Anayaanaya!

When I'm nervous for an interview I like to remind myself that essentially I'm just going somewhere to have a conversation about something I'm interested in, with people who are interested in what I have to say and have probably been in my position before.

All the best!:smile:
-Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology Student
Original post by Cherrieblossom
How was it? I've got an interview invite for SLT next week!

@Cherrieblossom All the best with your interview next week!

Original post by University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Congratulations @Anayaanaya!

When I'm nervous for an interview I like to remind myself that essentially I'm just going somewhere to have a conversation about something I'm interested in, with people who are interested in what I have to say and have probably been in my position before.

All the best!:smile:

Hi Rebecca!

It went really well-so fingers crossed!

Thank you so much for your response xxx
Hi Char!

It went really well! So im hoping for the best! Good luck with yours, keep me updated :-))
Hi Rebecca!

It went really well-so fingers crossed!

Thank you so much for your response xxx

Hi @Anayaanaya,

Amazing, really happy to hear that! Sounds like a good start to what will hopefully be a great new chapter☺️

All the best on your academic journey!
Original post by University of Huddersfield Student Rep
@Cherrieblossom All the best with your interview next week!

Thank you!
Recieved my offer today for mental health nursing at at hudderfield sep 2022 :-)))) yippeeee, how so i accept on ucas!?!
Reply 57
Original post by University of Huddersfield
Hi everyone! We hope you're all doing okay.

If you're applying to join us at Huddersfield in September 2022, this is your space to ask any questions, introduce yourselves and get to know more about living and studying in Huddersfield.

Say 'hi' below and let us know what you plan to study and what subjects you're doing now

Julie and Harriette
UoH

i have completed my gcses in 2021 in year including btec health and social care. Now in year 12 i am doing BTEC level 3 health and social care.
Original post by Cherrieblossom
Thank you!

Good luck.
Reply 59
Recieved my offer today for mental health nursing at at hudderfield sep 2022 :-)))) yippeeee, how so i accept on ucas!?!

Aww brilliant! So happy for you 😊 xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending